Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FreeMASTER USB TAP support for DSC 83xx/E

Jump to solution
matejpacha_Ineltech
Contributor II

Hi,

I use FreeMASTER 3.2 for many projects and now I'm going back to work with DSC 56F83xx/E. I have made it through the Classic IDE to Eclipse IDE migration, but finally I'm stucked with the FreeMASTER. In version 2.0, the "Configure" connection settings for JTAG/EOnCE plugin looks different and I'm not able to find out if the FMSTR v3.2 is actually compatible with the USB TAP (in the new-look settings, I cannot see the USB TAP option, just P&E + USB Multilink, which does not work with my USB TAP). The USB TAP itself works fine - I can download the FW and debug.

So my question is: how should I configure the FreeMASTER plugin to work with USB TAP?

Thank you,

Best regards,

Matej

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Ahoj Mateji,

the USB TAP for DSCs is no not supported by FreeMASTER 3.x versions. I do recommend to use P&E Multilink Universal configured for the DSC JTAG access. This one is tested with the FreeMASTER JTAG/EOnCE plug-in.

I also recommend to use the latest freemaster driver code released recently for the MC56F83000-EVK at the MCUXpresso SDK Builder site.

Actually adding a support for USBTAP device back to FreeMASTER 3.2 is on our to do list, but it is not for next few months.

Regards,
Michal

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Ahoj Mateji,

the USB TAP for DSCs is no not supported by FreeMASTER 3.x versions. I do recommend to use P&E Multilink Universal configured for the DSC JTAG access. This one is tested with the FreeMASTER JTAG/EOnCE plug-in.

I also recommend to use the latest freemaster driver code released recently for the MC56F83000-EVK at the MCUXpresso SDK Builder site.

Actually adding a support for USBTAP device back to FreeMASTER 3.2 is on our to do list, but it is not for next few months.

Regards,
Michal

0 Kudos
matejpacha_Ineltech
Contributor II
Ahoj Michale,
good to know. Right now I have switched to FreeMASTER over CAN with no major issues. For the future it would be great to have the USB TAP support back in FMSTR.

Actually, we have to use the old QucikStart-based codes just to avoid another round of development from scratch. There are still some challenges, but in general it seems we can live with the CW 11.

Měj se!
0 Kudos