Programming MC56F8367 using PE Multilink universal programmer

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming MC56F8367 using PE Multilink universal programmer

gaya3citizen
Contributor II

I'm working with MC56F8367 DSC in Code Warrior 11.1 software. For debugging i am using PE Multilink Universal Programmer. While debugging i got an error as shown belowcodewarrior.PNG

0 Kudos
7 Replies

gaya3citizen
Contributor II

Whether Parallel JTAG Host Target Interface circuit is necessary for programming MC56F8367 using JTAG? Since all the development board JTAG are provided along with Parallel JTAG Host Target Interface circuit.

0 Kudos

Ben
Senior Contributor I

I am using the PE multilink univrersal device which has USB connection. Works good with the 8367

0 Kudos

gaya3citizen
Contributor II

Unfortunately i don't have USB TAP programmer. I tried connecting a pull up resistor in TDO pin and RESET is already  high. Is there any configurations to set for this specific device in code warrior 11.1?

0 Kudos

Ben
Senior Contributor I

Hi Gayathri

I am using CW11, PE multilink universal and the 56F8367. It work perfectly on our board (not a demo board).

From the message you got it looks that there is a communication between the PC and the PE unit, but not with the target board. Do you have an external watch-dog that might interfere the JTAG communication? 

If it is not commercial confidential, maybe you'll send me your drawing and maybe I'll be able to locate the problem cause.l

0 Kudos

gaya3citizen
Contributor II

I am using my own MC56F8367 target board, not EVM.

Yes, PC identifies the PE Multilink universal programmer automatically after installing the drivers.

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Gayathri,

For the JTAG signals, the Reset pin must has a pull-up resistor, you'd better connect a pull-up resistor for the TDO pin.

BTW, do you have USBTAP device and have a try?

USB TAP for ONCE DSC | NXP 

BR

Xiangjun Rong

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Gayathri,

1)do you use the target board you designed or the MC56F8367EVM?

2)can the PC identify the "PE Multilink Universal " automatically in the Device Manager of PC?

BR

Xiangjun Rong

0 Kudos