Has anybody experienced with MC56F8357 External Memory Interface hardware design?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anybody experienced with MC56F8357 External Memory Interface hardware design?

tshah
Contributor II

Hello All,

I currently in the hardware design stage for one of our new requirement. The DSC that I selected for the design is MC56F8357.

I want to have more memory support through the External memory Interface, Probably a NOR Flash for program storage and PSRAM for data processing. Could you please assist me in the design phase? Any reference documents is available?

Can I interface the DSC directly to the parallel NOR Flash and the PSRAM over the same bus or there will be need for buffer circuits for bus loading? I have attached the schematics for your reference. I also would like to know whether PSRAM interface will work with the DSC or only SRAM will work? Since the PSRAM has the same interfacing with inbuilt clocking circuits I considered PSRAM for my requirement.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Tom

Labels (1)
2 Replies

Ben
Senior Contributor I

Hello Tom

Right now I am using only external data RAM, but there should not be a problem using program ROM as long as you are using the PS as you did in your drawing.

To my opinion, no need for special buffer, as that is the CS lines for and the chip is in high Z when not in use.

Just to make sure, you can open S/R to get Freescale support team advise / instructions

Ben

tshah
Contributor II

Thank you very much Ben. I will get instruction's from Freescale support as per your suggestions.

0 Kudos