Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading code from a MCU with Eclipse V11.1

Jump to solution
Luisehg11
Contributor I

Hello everyone, 

I would like to get some help as currently I'm stuck in a project investigation due to this problem I haven't been able to solve.

I have a MC56F8014 microcontroller that is on an already made PCB. It seems that some of these microcontrollers have some issues and the program that was inside them was damaged (that's my assumption since I've checked everything else and confirmed that is normal), but I still have one of those PCBs that is working perfectly. So what I wanted to do was to dowload/read the program from that MCU and be able to upload it on the not-working ones (this is because I currently don't have the file other than inside that "good" mcu). 

So as I'm new to Nexperia microcontrollers I did my little research and came to the conclusion of buying a CodeWarrior USB TAP, that is the tool that I'm currently using to archive this task. 

I also downloaded the one month free version of the CodeWarrior Eclipse V11.1 and I think everything with the software connection to the tool is working perfectly as it recognizes de USB TAP instantly.

But here's where I'm stuck, reading the documentation I haven't been able to find a way to do this "dowload from micro" task to save the program. I don't know how to use the software... if anyone can give me some help it would be very apreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Pls refer to the help contents, I search "import/export/fill" as key words.

You can refer to help item and download content in flash to a file.

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

xiangjun_rong_0-1626159594505.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Pls refer to the help contents, I search "import/export/fill" as key words.

You can refer to help item and download content in flash to a file.

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

xiangjun_rong_0-1626159594505.png

0 Kudos
Luisehg11
Contributor I

Hi Xiangjun_rong, 

Thank you for your reply, in fact that was the answer to all my issues. I was already trying to use that tool but your answer helped me confirm my thoughts. 

For the people who might be having the same problems (as we all are newbies sometime) i'll be a little more specific on the answer to this post. 

There's a tool called target task in which you can create the different tasks as Xiangjun_rong wrote before.

When you create a task to Export the code from the mcu to your computer, you need to specify the size of the code, the name of the file and its path, the format in which will be saved (I used binary) and the location of the memory where the code starts.

Once you have the code you need to create an Import task, there you have to select the type of MCU and then add an action (I erased the memory, and the chose programe and verify) in this last option you have to select the file where the code its located and of course the same other characteristics mentioned before. 

At last, once you create the tasks, you just need to connect the external debugging tool and go ahead. Good luck everyone.  

0 Kudos