Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

56F84xx put data flash IFR on programming

Jump to solution
agostinofacotti
Contributor III

Hi,

I'm trying to use the flash NVM on a MC56F84452 both for data storage and EEPROM data.

Since I program some data on the data flash the problem is: when application starts it found the EEPROM not partitioned and then clears all the NVM block (which in turns clears my data ).

Eventually is there a way to prepare the data flash IFR filed with the linker command file or some other methods? The scope wuold be not to cause FlexNVM wiping at EEPROM partitioning.

Thanks for your help,

regards

agostino

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, agostino,

I am sorry for not attaching the code in the last post, not I attach it.

Hope it can help you

BR

xiangjun rong

View solution in original post

4 Replies
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, agostino

I attach the code for flash ersaing/programming and EEPROM partition for MC56F84789, hope it can help you

BR

Xiangjun rong

0 Kudos
agostinofacotti
Contributor III

Hi Xiangjun rong,

thanks for the answer but I can't find your attachment...

agostino

0 Kudos
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, agostino,

I am sorry for not attaching the code in the last post, not I attach it.

Hope it can help you

BR

xiangjun rong

agostinofacotti
Contributor III

Hi,

thanks for the example: it gives us some ideas on how to reach the goal!

Your example partitions the data flash at startup (if enabled, right :-) ) but we were looking for a "pre-partitioned" data flash that can be downloaded to the memory during programming time (with elf or s-record to be clear): this way the very first time the CPU is powered up it recognizes the partition code already stored during the downloading phase and then the program partition command will not be necessary.

I know it seems a forcing against the normal operations flow described in the FlexNVM user manual: at now the only one solution found is to download the data on data flash after having it partitioned by the code as you've shown in your example.

Anyway thanks for the support,

regards

agostino

0 Kudos