Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Codewarrior Classic

Jump to solution
salman83
Contributor II

Hi,

I am using CodeWarrior classic 7.2 for our firmware. The microcontroller is MCF52259.

I planning to buy the dongle license. Will it going to work with this codewarrior.

If not, can you kindly mention any cheapest license option for it.

Regards.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
miduo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

A dongle-based license is a special type of node-locked license, in which the license is locked to the FlexID of a USB licensing dongle. This license permits a customer to install the development tools on any machine and the tools will operate only when the dongle is physically attached to the machine. Customers who use this license type want more flexibility than with a Node-Locked license, but still want their development team to be able to develop without being connected to the network.

Risks to this license is the loss of the Dongle (small USB connected device), which requires a customer to repurchase a new dongle. The flexibility for sharing is more limited than with Floating licenses, but more flexible than Node-Locked licenses. To order a dongle-based license, order the node-locked option for your CodeWarrior suite and also order the USB licensing dongle (CWH-DONGLE). http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=USB-LICENSE-DONGLE.

Fang

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
miduo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

A dongle-based license is a special type of node-locked license, in which the license is locked to the FlexID of a USB licensing dongle. This license permits a customer to install the development tools on any machine and the tools will operate only when the dongle is physically attached to the machine. Customers who use this license type want more flexibility than with a Node-Locked license, but still want their development team to be able to develop without being connected to the network.

Risks to this license is the loss of the Dongle (small USB connected device), which requires a customer to repurchase a new dongle. The flexibility for sharing is more limited than with Floating licenses, but more flexible than Node-Locked licenses. To order a dongle-based license, order the node-locked option for your CodeWarrior suite and also order the USB licensing dongle (CWH-DONGLE). http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=USB-LICENSE-DONGLE.

Fang

0 Kudos
yibbidy
Contributor V

Hi Salmon,

Yes it will work, I've used it.  You can get the "Basic" license for USD395 for one year or USD995 perpetual.  It basically gives you a code size upgrade from 128kB to 512kB over the free "SE" edition.  When I bought it, I think the USB dongle was about USD99 extra.  You only need the dongle if you don't want to node lock the software to one computer.

Regards,

Shaun

0 Kudos