cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to debug Linux application on CW ARMv8 for LS1043A RDB

jc_lanka
Contributor I

Hi Team,

While trying to debug Linux application on the Codewarrior ARMv8, i see the below error:

Connection.JPG

I have followed the steps listed in the ARMv8 targeting manual "Section 8.2.2.2 Updating remote connection".

Below is the snapshot of my "Debug Configurations" and "Remote Host connection settings"

debugconfiguration.JPG

connection-settings.JPG

I am able to connect to the target from my terminal over ssh. But I am not sure why I am running into this error.

Could you please provide some insight into this.

Thanks,

Jayachandra

0 Kudos
3 Replies

djpretola
Contributor I

I know this is an old thread, but I am also having the same difficulty. I believe it is some sort of ssh authentication issue, but I can't trace it down. jc_lanka, did you solve the issue? What did you discover about it? Is the JTAG connection required for the Linux Application debug? Any insight that anyone can provide would be a big help.

0 Kudos

jc_lanka
Contributor I

Hi Pavel,

I am afraid I haven't made myself clear in explaining the question.

I am actually trying to debug a Linux application using Gdbserver and GDB on CodeWarrior.

There isn't any JTAG connected to the device. I am starting a gdbserver on the target device, and I am trying to debug using the code warrior remote application debug configuration (Sec. 8.2.2.2 - ARMv8 Targeting Manual). This is when I see the error.

Attaching to a running Linux application (sec. 8.2.4) on target has no issues, but starting debugging from the CW, I am running into the above mentioned error.

Please let me know if I am not clear or missing something.

Thanks,

Jayachandra

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Test your JTAG connection to your CodeWarrior TAP using the following commands in CCS window:

log v

source IDcode.tcl

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos