cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash Programming Prerequisites

Jump to solution
deans
Contributor I

After a bit of trial & error I was able to do a flash dump through CodeWarrior. The first few attempts failed, apparently because the target system (5020DS) wasn't in the expected state. Resetting to U-Boot seemed make the CodeWarrior flash software happy.

So what is the expected state & how can I force the target into that state when I don't have U-Boot? (e.g., initial board bring-up)

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jorge_plascencia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Dean,

For QorIQ processors with DPAA architecture (including P5020) it is a must to obtain valid RCW during power-on reset.

For systems with blank (unprogrammed Flash) there are two possibilities:

1) select a hard-coded RCW - refer to the P5020 QorIQ Integrated Multicore Communication Processor Family Reference Manual, 4.6.3.1 Reset Configuration Word Source and 4.6.4.1.1 Hard Coded RCW Options.

2) use RCW override feature of the CodeWarrior - refer to the CodeWarrior Development Studio for Power Architecture Processors Targeting Manual, 8.2 Using JTAG Configuration File to Override RCW.

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jorge_plascencia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Dean,

For QorIQ processors with DPAA architecture (including P5020) it is a must to obtain valid RCW during power-on reset.

For systems with blank (unprogrammed Flash) there are two possibilities:

1) select a hard-coded RCW - refer to the P5020 QorIQ Integrated Multicore Communication Processor Family Reference Manual, 4.6.3.1 Reset Configuration Word Source and 4.6.4.1.1 Hard Coded RCW Options.

2) use RCW override feature of the CodeWarrior - refer to the CodeWarrior Development Studio for Power Architecture Processors Targeting Manual, 8.2 Using JTAG Configuration File to Override RCW.

Regards,

0 Kudos