cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WireTAP8xx using CW 8.8

Jump to solution
andrewheywood23
Contributor I

Hello, I recently received an MPC885ADS board. It came with 'Metrowerks' CW 8.1 & included the WireTAP 8xx probe required to communicate between the CW developemnt envirnment & the board via the DEBUG port (there is no resident kernel on the MPC885ADS board) so a DEBUG port is required.& given that I have the WireTAP8xx already with the board I don't want to spend extra $$$/£££ on a new USB/Ethernet TAP.

The CW 8.1 does not register correctly to issue a licence.dat file - I guess it is trying to contact a no longer available server, so I can't get updates or a licence key.

Not a major problem as I want to upgrade to CW 8.8 as that is the latest version for PowerPC. I have downloaded & installed CW 8.8. from Freescale.

Once all installed CW 8.8 runs fine - but when I enter the "Remote connection" for debugging the list of choices does not include the WireTAP8xx (it does appear in the CW 8.1 list)

Now I have the H/W & I guess all the correct s/w for the WireTAP8xx installed but under CW 8.1. But I can't quite figure out how to port  across the WireTAP8xx remote connection option so that it is available to choose when I run CW 8.8.

Can anyone help me in what steps I must do to install the WireTAP8xx that I have under CW 8.1 over s that it is availble to use under CW 8.8.

I have seen a couple of .dlls under the <CW 8.1 installation directory>/bin/plugins & I copied them from the MetroWerks CW 8.1 directory to the same place under the Freescale CW 8.8. But WireTAP8xx still does not appear in the choice of remote connections for debugging.

Any advise on hw to achieve this much appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jorge_plascencia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Andrew,

"WireTAP 8xx" is quite old debug probe and deprecated (no longer supported) in CodeWarrior PA 8.8 There is no way to add support for "WireTAP 8xx" to CodeWarrior PA 8.8, you have to use CodeWarrior 8.1 with this probe.

CodeWarrior 8.1 is quite old and does not support license retrieval from web.

To obtain 30-days evaluation license for CodeWarrior 8.1, please contact Licensing team by entering a Service Request.

Regads,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jorge_plascencia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Andrew,

"WireTAP 8xx" is quite old debug probe and deprecated (no longer supported) in CodeWarrior PA 8.8 There is no way to add support for "WireTAP 8xx" to CodeWarrior PA 8.8, you have to use CodeWarrior 8.1 with this probe.

CodeWarrior 8.1 is quite old and does not support license retrieval from web.

To obtain 30-days evaluation license for CodeWarrior 8.1, please contact Licensing team by entering a Service Request.

Regads,

0 Kudos