Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

codewarrior configuration/version/installation check for KL26MZ128

Jump to solution
rosigna
Contributor I

Hello everybody!

I'm currently using Codewarrior tool to develop FW running on a KL26MZ128. I've found on my work PC (inhereited a year ago by my previous colleague in the same role) with the following configuration:

codewarrior_CFG.jpg

I was not able to find out which kind of installation was run on this PC in the past and I know that this configuration has no licence, as it is limited by executable size in compilation.

I would like to adjust my configuration according to last version released, but I think I need help to proceed in the right way, in order to preserve my current workspaces and projects configurations.

I would really appreciate your help (and maybe a FAE contact for my region, Italy, Milan).

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rosa, I hope you're doing well!

The latest CodeWarrior for MCU version currently available is v11.1, however, CodeWarrior IDE was replaced by the new MCUXpresso IDE. The KL26 family of MCUs is supported by this MCUXpresso IDE and SDK tools, which are free to use for development and have no limitations for size or otherwise.

Unfortunately, old CodeWarrior projects need to be migrated to MCUXpresso IDE by creating a new project and changing to the new APIs and configurations manually.

MCUXpresso IDE can be downloaded from this page here, and MCUXpresso SDK's can be built and downloaded from the MCUXpresso SDK Builder page, here.

Regarding FAE/DFAE contact, could you please get in contact with one of your local distributors from the NXP Distributor Network for more information?

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Best regards,
Sebastian

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
rosigna
Contributor I

Hello Sebastian,

Thank you very much for your message.

So, MCUXpressoIDE and SDK are now free, aren't they?

I will download them as you suggested and reconfigure my projects.

Thank you very much for help and best regards,

Rosa

0 Kudos
Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rosa, I hope you're doing well!

The latest CodeWarrior for MCU version currently available is v11.1, however, CodeWarrior IDE was replaced by the new MCUXpresso IDE. The KL26 family of MCUs is supported by this MCUXpresso IDE and SDK tools, which are free to use for development and have no limitations for size or otherwise.

Unfortunately, old CodeWarrior projects need to be migrated to MCUXpresso IDE by creating a new project and changing to the new APIs and configurations manually.

MCUXpresso IDE can be downloaded from this page here, and MCUXpresso SDK's can be built and downloaded from the MCUXpresso SDK Builder page, here.

Regarding FAE/DFAE contact, could you please get in contact with one of your local distributors from the NXP Distributor Network for more information?

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Best regards,
Sebastian

0 Kudos