cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual serial port

Jump to solution
juliancox
Contributor V

I have never used this facility before, so a LOT of help would be useful. I am using a S08QE with a MUltilink FX (I also have a DEMOQE128 if necessary). 

I am developing a control application and I need to download data acquisition (probably ~4K) from the target for analysis on my computer.

How can I use the Virtual Comm utility do do this? Do I need code in my application in order to communicate serially, or does the BDM interface take care of it? The P&E documentation is a bit light on detail.

I have a 64-bit Windows 7 and so the P&E utilities will not install.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
juliancox
Contributor V

I don't know why, but I downloaded it three times an on the third time I got the same version as you and now it works fine. Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
juliancox
Contributor V

I don't know why, but I downloaded it three times an on the third time I got the same version as you and now it works fine. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

OK!

BR

Alice

0 Kudos
juliancox
Contributor V

Thank you for your help. However, I cannot install the Virtual Serial Toolkit as it is not compatible with 64- bit Windows, (or is there a 64-bit version?)

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Julian,

My PC is Win10 64 bit, I can install it without any problem.

I download from PEmicro site : http://www.pemicro.com/osbdm/ , please have a look at attachment.

What about the problem when you install ?  Please take a screenshot about the errro .

You can also search the error reminder in PEmicro support  site :http://www.pemicro.com/support/index.cfm  

BR

Alice

0 Kudos
juliancox
Contributor V

Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 12.58.48.jpg

As requested, Attached is the screenshot.it stays like this - no progress - until I select OKScreen Shot 2018-04-26 at 13.05.00.jpgScreen Shot 2018-04-26 at 13.05.37.jpg

It then rolls back the installation

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Julian,

It seems your tool version is not the same with mine:

pastedImage_1.png

I download from : http://www.pemicro.com/osbdm/

pastedImage_2.png

BR

Alice

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Julian,

- The "Virtual serial " is intergrated in OSBDM/OSJTAG debug of NXP( Freescale) tower board,

that is to say if you use the demo board of freescale,  there is a Virtual serial in tower board, so the microcontroller can output data to PC.

While the external debugger MUltilink FX only has debug function, if you want to send data ,

you can use the Serial Communications Interface .

About the detail , please have a look at "OSBDM_OSJTAG_Virtual_Serial_Toolkit_Resources.pdf" .

- If you use CodeWarrior IDE, you can create a proejct based Processor Expert ,then add the "AsynchroSerial" component ,there is demo code 。

Hope it helps

Alice

0 Kudos