cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5643L UART examples

Jump to solution
olegivanus
Contributor III

Hello, where can I find UART examples for MPC5643L CW10.5 IDE?

Thank you

Labels (1)
1 Solution
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I attached two example projects for UART, but they were developed with Classic CodeWarrior. However, you can refer to it source code.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
tanmayeesapre
Contributor II

I am trying one of the attached example - LINFlex UART transmit with DMA. I was able to build the ELF file, however when I run the excutable it gets stuck at 

IVOR1trap:  b IVOR1trap /* Machine check / (NMI) interrupt handler */

in the ivor_branch_table_p0.c

Does the Interrupt Service routine need an update as well, or should the default one generated with the project work?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: I was missing the HardwareInit code. That did it. I am trying to use putty to read the transmitted data.. however I see nothing on the terminal.

What is the recommended way to test the data transmitted?

0 Kudos
jaureshsieh
Contributor II

i need the mpc5643l LIN sample code ,not uartlin sample code.

i had try the code for uart.

do you have LIN sample code?

0 Kudos
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Jaures

I attached an example project for LIN application on MPC5643L.

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
nxppower912935
Contributor IV

Hi Fiona, all,

I'm basically asking the same question, #uart for #MPC5643L.

I also noticed How to use printf function in S32DS for Power Architecture using EWL library, however it's for mpc57xx series.

Another thing is the Lab manual for MPC5604B : Demo 1 talks about the serial console, but then states that the #uart initialisation is not part of the demo. 

Best regards,

LS

0 Kudos
nxppower912935
Contributor IV

Hi TICS_Fiona‌, could you check if there are any S32DS adaptions for MPC5643L available? I can't find any from the MPC5 software example list unfortunately and I ran into compiling issue when taking CCW code into S32DS, see error: expected '(' before 'void' __asm void Cpu_SetBASEPRI(uint32_t Level) { 

Thanks

0 Kudos
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I attached two example projects for UART, but they were developed with Classic CodeWarrior. However, you can refer to it source code.

olegivanus
Contributor III

Many thanks, TICS_Fiona, now more easy to understand how it works. Let me know where you get them?

0 Kudos
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I got it from our hardware support team.

0 Kudos
Lundin
Senior Contributor IV

Why aren't fundamental things like these available to everyone? Is this the first guy in the world who ever uses the UART on this part?

Time to market is important for pretty much every company. Nobody has the time to sit and re-invent the wheel for every hardware peripheral, for every Freescale MCU. My company has spent many months developing various hardware drivers for MPC56, because the few examples available, if any, were mediocre and incomplete. Usually they are an unreadable, unmaintainable mess of "magic numbers".

Furthermore, since it would seem that this specific part is intended solely for mission-critical applications, you would think that the minimum requirement on the examples would be MISRA-C compliant code.