How to config config the coverity for codeWarrior project(target device:DSC)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to config config the coverity for codeWarrior project(target device:DSC)

Lurkersoo
Contributor III

I want to use "coverity" to do code analysis for CodeWarrior project, the target device is: MC56F8366VFVE. Does anybody has "coverity" setting example for reference?

Thanks a lot!

Lurkersoo

0 Kudos
3 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Lurkersoo 

CW11.1 has code profiling and analysis feature. This is a long topic and it's not possible to explain it in short words.

Please check attached document, which include the steps of how to use those features.

I suggest you read quick start then user guide.

Thanks

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

Lurkersoo
Contributor III

Hi Jun,

Thanks for your reply. But it seems that the two files are more like online debug guide But what I want is using third party software "Coverity" to do code static analysis. As I know NXP's SDK software are checked by "Coverity" software. NXP new DSC series(MC56F83xxx & MC56F81xxx) also has SDK software, so I think it may also checked by "Coverity" software based on codeWarrior. Our customer has some problem when they use "Coverity" to do code static analysis, it would be helpful if you have an example about the "Coverity" setting based on codeWarrior.

Please find below SDK software introduction, it mentions that the SDK software are checked by "Coverity" software.

MCUXpresso SDK | Software Development for Kinetis, LPC, and i.MX MCUs | NXP Semiconductors

Thanks a lot!

Lurkersoo

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The link you pointed to is for MCUXpresso. Not CodeWarrior. MCUXpresso SDK doesn't support CodeWarrior.  

CodeWarrior for MCU 11.1 is based on Eclipse platform which comes with a wealth of functionality. I know there are many 3rd parties tool and plugins support CW. The possibilities are endless.  Normally this support is on 3rd parties. Thus NXP doesn't have an document of using "Coverity" software . I suggest you check the 3rd party vendor site for its usage.

https://www.synopsys.com/software-integrity/security-testing/static-analysis-sast.html

Hope this helps.

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos