cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeWarrior S08 5.1 - Setup for MC13213 Platform

Jump to solution
Salvo
Contributor I
I've got a 1321xNSK Network Starter Kit.

I've installed the included Codewarrior version (5.1) and right now I'm downloading all the updates (2 hours of downloading...): is this the recommended way of proceeding?

Should I have rather installed the "service pack CD" (by now...no matter for the time spent downloading, if the result is the same) or install the latest Codewarrior version from freescale website?

Thanks,

OT:
Somebody knows if the 3 devices included in the
1321xNSK DO embed a HCS08 MCU? I'm getting confused, don't understand the difference between PC13213 and MC13213...

Salvo Nicolosi
Università di Catania
ITALY

Message Edited by Salvo on 2007-07-23 11:23 AM

--
Alban Edit: CW version must figure in Message Subject line.

Message Edited by Alban on 2007-07-23 11:49 AM
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alban
Senior Contributor II
Hi and Welcome Salvo,

If you have a low cost Internet connection, I do advise the way you did.

You could have saved time by installing the patches from the CD first. But by using the CodeWarrior Updater, you are sure to get the latest version.

You can chose to select or not which package you want to install for it to be quicker.

Now CodeWarrior 6.0 for MCU (= (S)08 + CFV1) is available, it may be better for you to dowload the latest version.
As it is 300MB it will take time though !

Cheers,
Alban.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alban
Senior Contributor II
Hi and Welcome Salvo,

If you have a low cost Internet connection, I do advise the way you did.

You could have saved time by installing the patches from the CD first. But by using the CodeWarrior Updater, you are sure to get the latest version.

You can chose to select or not which package you want to install for it to be quicker.

Now CodeWarrior 6.0 for MCU (= (S)08 + CFV1) is available, it may be better for you to dowload the latest version.
As it is 300MB it will take time though !

Cheers,
Alban.
0 Kudos
Salvo
Contributor I
Hi Alban,

thanks for your reply. Fortunately I do have a low cost internet connection :smileyhappy:

I have already downloaded all the updates but the last... yep, the one you said. Maybe it's not a bad idea to have a break during the download...

Have a nice day,
Salvo

0 Kudos
Alban
Senior Contributor II
Hello Salvo, no problem.

Otherwise there is always the option to order the CD version for the CW6.0 for MCU.

And there is a CD box set for all: CW12 4.6 for S12(X) and HC12 + CWMCU 6.0 for (S)08 and ColdFire V1 core.
I think there are 3 CDs in the box !

Cheers,
Alban.