Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeWarrior Highligthing PC-lint errors

Jump to solution
jean-christoph7
Contributor III

Hello,

I'm writting a procedure to use PC-lint (without plug-in) using the following method:

JB Enterprises – Johan Bezem » Blog Archive » Using PC Lint in Eclipse – no plug-ins required

But I've a problem, in the console window, the message are not highlighted and I can't make the link between the error message and the source code.

Normally when there are error messages in the console window, there is a link with the source code:

135784_135784.pngpastedImage_2.png

But in my case, the error messages are not highlighted and there is no link with the source code

135911_135911.pngpastedImage_3.png

I've a project working but I don't know to reproduce this configuration. I compared the properties of the project, the CodeWarrior preferences but I didn't find where does come from the problem.

Do you know which option is needed to hightlight the error messages?

Best regards.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
jean-christoph7
Contributor III

I found my problem:

I need to configure the settings of the CDT GNU Make ERROR Parser 7.0 with the follwing settings to add the messages from PC-lint.

To do that, go in the project propertie\C/C++ Build\settings and select Workspace Settings .

Add the following options :

Error        (LINT Note):(.*?):(\d+):(\d+:)?(.*)                 $2    $3    $5

Warning   (LINT Warning):(.*?):(\d+):(\d+:)?(.*)           $2    $3    $5

Error        (LINT Error):(.*?):(\d+):(\d+:)?(.*)                $2    $3    $5

Error        (LINT Info):(.*?):(\d+):(\d+:)?(.*required*)   $2     $3    $5

Info          (LINT Info):(.*?):(\d+):(\d+:)?(.*)                  $2     $3    $5    

Error        (.*?):(\d+):(\d+:)?(.*)                                   $1     $2    $4

pastedImage_0.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a look at the error/mesage formatter (eclipse_msg.lnt) in

Linting with Eclipse and the GNU ARM Embedded Launchpad Compiler | MCU on Eclipse

I hope this helps,

Erich

vigneshbalaji
Senior Contributor I

Hi Erich,

Is there any Free Static Analysis tools that can be used with CodeWarrior 10.6.4 IDE?

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos
jean-christoph7
Contributor III

I found my problem:

I need to configure the settings of the CDT GNU Make ERROR Parser 7.0 with the follwing settings to add the messages from PC-lint.

To do that, go in the project propertie\C/C++ Build\settings and select Workspace Settings .

Add the following options :

Error        (LINT Note):(.*?):(\d+):(\d+:)?(.*)                 $2    $3    $5

Warning   (LINT Warning):(.*?):(\d+):(\d+:)?(.*)           $2    $3    $5

Error        (LINT Error):(.*?):(\d+):(\d+:)?(.*)                $2    $3    $5

Error        (LINT Info):(.*?):(\d+):(\d+:)?(.*required*)   $2     $3    $5

Info          (LINT Info):(.*?):(\d+):(\d+:)?(.*)                  $2     $3    $5    

Error        (.*?):(\d+):(\d+:)?(.*)                                   $1     $2    $4

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
jean-christoph7
Contributor III

I used a similar method to lint a current file.

But the problem, when we use an external tools, there is no link between ther error messages and the osurce code.

The used another method in use a new build configuration. With this method I arrive to link the error messages with my source code (error messages appear in the Console window and in the Problems window of codewarrior). But when I apllied my method on a new project, there is no link between the errors and the source code.

I'm searching which option is missed.

I join  the method I used (don't hesitate to use it for an official guide if you think is a good method).

Best regards.

0 Kudos
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Bonjour Jean-Christophe,

I don't think the question is posted on right box.

The product you're using is based on Eclipse and not Classic IDE tools.

I will move it to the right box.

Regarding the question.

A colleague worked on this question ...

One option is to use PC-lint, for which there is a plugin (unfortunately not free):

http://mcuoneclipse.com/2012/04/01/eclipse-and-pc-lint-linticator/

There is another way without a plugin:

Linting without a plugin | MCU on Eclipse

I've created a doc giving more info to use PC-Lint with Eclipse too

You can refer to the doc attached.

Have a great day,
Pascal
NXP Technical Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos