CodeWarrior 8- & 16-bit tools: Exact limitations of HC12 SE

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeWarrior 8- & 16-bit tools: Exact limitations of HC12 SE

marc_paquette
Contributor V
To help you find solutions to problems that have already been solved, we have posted this message. It contains an entire topic ported from a separate forum. The original message and all replies are in this single message.

Posted: Oct 04, 2005 - 04:53 AM   

Hello,

I can not figure out what are the exact limitations of the HC12 SE. I understand that it is limited to 32k at compile time, but what are the limitations of the other steps ?
Assembler
Linker (number of files and/or global linked size, including or excluding non-initialized sections)
other tools (S19 or bin file generation)
I want to call the different tools by command line from a batch : are the limitations different ?

NB : I'm a little lazy about finding the limits by my own as I have access to a complete network licence. I just need SE for the times I'm not connected to network, as travel time.

Thanks, 

Posted: Oct 04, 2005 - 05:33 AM   

What I know apart from what the link says is that the debugger is a pain to use without the license. You get "message boxes" all over the screen, constantly complaining about the license.

I think there is somekind of dongle available which you plug into your computer and get the license from. Same problem as usual: you will probably have to pay $$$ to change your current license, especially if you have a floating one. 

Posted: Oct 04, 2005 - 04:17 PM   

cagouilles wrote:
Hello,
I can not figure out what are the exact limitations of the HC12 SE. I understand that it is limited to 32k at compile time, but what are the limitations of the other steps ?
Assembler
Linker (number of files and/or global linked size, including or excluding non-initialized sections)
other tools (S19 or bin file generation)
I want to call the different tools by command line from a batch : are the limitations different ?
NB : I'm a little lazy about finding the limits by my own as I have access to a complete network licence. I just need SE for the times I'm not connected to network, as travel time.
Thanks,

The Buyers Guide on the HC12 web page tells all the differences between the special edition, standard and pro versions.
The command line tools also check the license so they have the same limitations.
Ron

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies