CodeWarrior 8- & 16-bit tools: CmdIde issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeWarrior 8- & 16-bit tools: CmdIde issues

marc_paquette
Contributor V
To help you find solutions to problems that have already been solved, we have posted this message. It contains an entire topic ported from a separate forum. The original message and all replies are in this single message.

Posted: Sep 28, 2005 - 09:34 AM   

Hi,

It seems that CmdIde does not take into-acount all project settings that the normal IDE does.

If I build from the IDE the HCS08 compiler directly generates an .abs and an .abs.s19 file

If I build the same project & target from CmdIde it only generates a .abs file !!!

I can fix it by checking ON the "Generate S19" in Linker output settings BUT then the CmdIde only generate an .abs.s19 file for the first target in the project, the other targets are skipped.
-weird-

Another issue with CmdIde is that the /c and /q options don't seem to work. All projects are kept open.

Does anybody has an idea how to fix this ?
(Maybe force settings loading ?)

Is there a -better- way of making automatic builds ? 

Posted: Oct 04, 2005 - 04:15 AM   

Posted same question as above on the MW-CW-Windows forum but it seems that the IDE for hcs08 is not the same as the one on windows.

So, does anybody have any experience with the CmdIde.exe for HCS08 ?
Does anybody got TCL scripting working on CW for HCS08 ?

Posted: Oct 04, 2005 - 04:20 PM   

[quote="ccap"]
I can fix it by checking ON the "Generate S19" in Linker output settings BUT then the CmdIde only generate an .abs.s19 file for the first target in the project, the other targets are skipped.
-weird-

Another issue with CmdIde is that the /c and /q options don't seem to work. All projects are kept open.

Does anybody has an idea how to fix this ?
(Maybe force settings loading ?)
quote]

You can either add a linker Command file or select the .s19 for every target.
I'm not sure what needs to happen for the project to close, I'll ask around.
Ron

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies