Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

makefile generation bug with CW 10.5

Jump to solution
joshc2
Contributor I

Hi Guys,

I have a possible makefile generation bug when using processor expert and CW 10.5.

Even though I've told the tool to "Create Flash Image", "Create Extended Listing", and "Print Size" in the project properties -> C/C++ Build ->Settings -> Additional Tools menu, the makefile targets aren't executed when built. The *.elf file is generated but not the additional targets.

I've traced the issue down to the makefile. It looks like 1 of 2 things were supposed to happen by the makefile generator, but they didn't.

There are targets for *.hex, *.lst, *.siz but they're NOT in the deps list for the "explicit-dependencies" target. Instead, the target contains 3 copies of the original *.elf target. My best guess is the generator isn't taking the extension of the target into account. These 3 deps disappear if I turn off the check boxes in the settings menu.

There is also a makefile var named "secondary-outputs". This rule is called by make but the variables contained in the deps list are completely empty.

I take it an engineer was changing from / to one method of putting the additional targets of the list of targets, but wasn't able to complete the task by release time.

I don't know if this is an Eclipse issue or a CW 10.5 issue.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jonathan,

this is a known bug in the GNU make file generator if you have 'per file settings'.

See

http://mcuoneclipse.com/2013/06/12/traps-and-pitfalls-no-hexbins19-file-created-with-gnu/

Best regards,

Erich

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jonathan,

this is a known bug in the GNU make file generator if you have 'per file settings'.

See

http://mcuoneclipse.com/2013/06/12/traps-and-pitfalls-no-hexbins19-file-created-with-gnu/

Best regards,

Erich

0 Kudos
joshc2
Contributor I

Thanks Erich. I forgot about your other website.

As always, you the man.

Thanks,

Jonathan

0 Kudos