eTPU engine position

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eTPU engine position

Stevanatto
Contributor II

Hi, I am using TRK-MPC5634M Kit with CodeWarrior to understand eTPU set2 code for engine control. I am running code based on AN3769. My main routine has tree tasks:

- a crank and cam (tooth generator) in etpu channels 1 and 3 respectively;

- an input engine position driver in etpu channels 0 and 2 respectively;

- a knock window interrupt in etpu channels 31 connected with external led.

On the kit there are one jumpers between 0-1 and 2-3.

The engine position driver works properly when I start, reset or disconnect and reconnect jumpers. The knock task works fine only on start up or reset. Then some problems happen.

If I disconnect crank jumper and reconnect it the engine position driver get sync but knock task does not return immediately. It come back to work wherever it wants. Even thought in the return it marks a wrong angle.I figure out there are some (memory flag) connection missing between input and output etpu channels. But I am not expertise on it.

If I select a CAM_ANGLE_WINDOW_START lower than 360º e.g, 10º and with CAM_ANGLE_WINDOW_WIDTH 60º the position driver get FULL_SYNC and return to HALF_SYNC forever. The CAM_ANGLE_WINDOW_START does not accept to be in the first half cycle. But as I read in AN it is possible. To set CAM_ANGLE_WINDOW_WIDTH > 360º seams a contra sense but it is possible too.

Any suggestions ?

Stevanatto

Original Attachment has been moved to: CW-Installed-Plugins.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: Teste-eTPU.zip

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

MilanBrejl
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, just a quick answer, I'm at home and ill.

At first I thought there is no link sent from CRANK to KNOCK_WINDOW, but I can see it is:

motor.knock.io.channel<<24    /* crank_link_2 */

Would need to give it a test, but I'm not able to now.

Anyway, a new Engine Control eTPU library will be released in April and I'll be much happier to support that one.

Regards,

Milan

0 Kudos

Stevanatto
Contributor II

Good morning Brejl,

I talked to you two weeks ago about my https://community.freescale.com/thread/320225 problem. Do you have any news or tests ?

Regards,

Stevanatto

0 Kudos

Stevanatto
Contributor II

Maybe I am talking about a bug that could be repaired. I don't know. I can work with any version if you prefer, but I don't have your future release.

The knock does not need to be linked in engine position drive as I read in AN3772. It is linked by fs_etpu_knock_window_init .  Anyway I made both tests.

Regards,

Stevanatto

PS. waiting for new suggestions.

0 Kudos

Stevanatto
Contributor II

Any suggestions ?

0 Kudos

Wlodek_D_
Senior Contributor II

Dear Luiz Carlos Stevanatto,

Thank you for your post, however please consider moving it to the right community place for better visibility.

For details please see general advice https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-99909

Thank you for using Freescale Community.

Regards,

Wlodek_D.

0 Kudos