cannot connect to TWR-56F8400 - error occured while connecting to the interface hardware

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot connect to TWR-56F8400 - error occured while connecting to the interface hardware

Jump to solution
marcos1
Contributor II

I have TWR-56F8400 that I'm operating standalone.

I'm physically connected to the board via USB.

The pre-loaded demo is running with LEDs blinking.

But when I simply follow the example from the quick start guide I already run into the issue that when I start debugging I cannot connect:

77369_77369.pngPE_connection.png

I'm using CodeWarrior 10.6.

The quick start guide instructions seem to refer to a previous version of CodeWarrior so the menu for setting up the project seems slightly different.

I played around with various debug settings but nothing seems to work.

How do figure out what the problem is?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi

How is your board power supplied? If power supplied through PWR_IN power net at J3, please connect shunts J6-1 to J7-2, and connect J10-1 to J11-2, remove the jumper on J20.

If powered supplied through Mini-B USB connector at J18, please connect shunts J11-1 to J11-2, and shunts J6-1 to J7-2, and also remove the jumper on J20.

When using OSJTAG for debugging, please install the jumpers on J20 and J21.

Please create a new bareboard project for 56F84789, then use the OSJTAG connection type to debug again, is there still any error?  I also need a screenshot of the Device Manager which shows OSBDM device, just as the attached picture.

new_device.JPG

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi

How is your board power supplied? If power supplied through PWR_IN power net at J3, please connect shunts J6-1 to J7-2, and connect J10-1 to J11-2, remove the jumper on J20.

If powered supplied through Mini-B USB connector at J18, please connect shunts J11-1 to J11-2, and shunts J6-1 to J7-2, and also remove the jumper on J20.

When using OSJTAG for debugging, please install the jumpers on J20 and J21.

Please create a new bareboard project for 56F84789, then use the OSJTAG connection type to debug again, is there still any error?  I also need a screenshot of the Device Manager which shows OSBDM device, just as the attached picture.

new_device.JPG

Fiona Kuang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
marcos1
Contributor II

Power is supplied through the Mini-B USB connector.

Shunts J11-1 to J11-2 and shunts J6-1 to J7-2 are connected.

Jumper on J20 and J21 is connected.

I used the OSJTAG connection type to debug.

The screenshot from the device manager looks different for me:

Device_Manager_-_Jungo.PNG

I'm not sure which drivers I need to install.

I installed the ones I found here:  http://www.pemicro.com/osbdm/

but this did not change the behaviour.

I also tried to detect or update the firmware but the respective tools do not detect the board, both with J17 open or closed:

detect.PNG

update.PNG

0 Kudos
marcos1
Contributor II

It seems it was an issue with the USB ports on my laptop.

With the first one I used, the installation of the OSBDM / OSJTAG drivers always failed.

I tried another USB port today and the installation was successful on that port.

Now the eval board can even be plugged into the USB port that previously did not work and is being recognised.

Device_Manager_-_OSJTAG.PNG

CW suggested a firmware update of the interface hardware and now debugging is possible.

Your suggestion to check the device manager lead me on the right track.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
marcos1
Contributor II

It turned out it was not the USB Port on the PC, but the USB cable that came with the board.

It was only working intermittently.

I have replaced it and now the eval board is being recognised consistently.

0 Kudos
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thank you very much for the feedback.  I'm very glad to know that you have solved the problem.

Fiona Kuang

0 Kudos