Problem with PE Universal Multilink and 9S08PA8

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with PE Universal Multilink and 9S08PA8

ericbryan
Contributor I

Been using CodeWarrior for years and several boards with 9S08 (usually the PA8 variant).  Did a project and had the customer purchase the new Universal Multilink as the old BDM Multilink (redish brown box) is no longer available.  They couldn't connect and program the boards.   I gave them mine to get by  and brought the new universal back.   I also had another universal that I had purchased and never used.   I couldn't get either of them to work with known good (or at least programmable) boards.  In the debug environment, it doesn't go to program by default when you go to the debug perspective.  When you force a flash, it tries to measure frequency (I think it gets it wrong) and then fails the erase.  I've played with every setting I can find.   About to go use the debugger built into a dev board to be able to get some stuff done but there has to be a solution to this.   If nothing else, tell me what other debugger to buy so we can move forward.  Using the free version of CW 10.7.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI Eric,

We can use Multilink universal with CW10.7 for HCS08 device.

I wonder your Multilink universal doesn't have S08 firmware.

pastedImage_1.png

Above screenshot, GUI version is old, please download the latest USB Multilink Universal (and FX) Resource CD

from this url:

PEmicro - P&E Microcomputer Systems: Over 30 years as an Industry leader in Embedded Systems Develop... 

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos