cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXP DEVKIT-S12G128 development for Ubuntu 20.04

Ram_user
Contributor II

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am trying to use NXP DEVKIT-S12G128 in Ubuntu 20.04. Are the IDEs Code Warrior and Cosmic Zap available for Ubuntu 20.04? Can I use any other IDEs? ( As far as I noticed,) Code Warrior and Cosmic Zap setups were only for Windows Operating Systems. As far as I read from this link (https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/quick-reference-guide/DEVKIT-S12G128-QSG.pdf), I got to know about the compatible Compilers, IDEs, Programmers, Debuggers and Support Tools. I would like to know if all these are mandatory to use in my case or what is necessary of them. I am new to Embedded Programming and NXP products as well. Kindly let me know how to proceed with this.

Thank you for your time. Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Ram

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Ram_user
Contributor II

Thanks again. Is there any other way to use NXP S12G128 independent of Development tools like CodeWarrior? In the documentation, it instructs me to install CodeWarrior. In case if there is a way to use the board independent of dev tools, kindly share the documentation. Is CodeWarrior (development tool), the only way to develop code and use NXP S12G128?

Have a nice day ahead.

Best Regards,

Ram

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

NXP doesn't have other compiler for HCS12.

For 3rd party, as I know there is IAR Embedded Workbench for HCS12 and Cosmic Cross Development Tools for HCS12.

Please check detail of them with IAR and Cosmic.

Have a nice day,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ram,

Unfortunately we don't have CodeWarrior for HCS12 linux hosted. We have never released such a version IDE.
We're supporting windows OS for HCs12 development tool only.

Have a nice day,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

Ram_user
Contributor II

Thank you for the reply. Is there any other way to use NXP S12G128 in Ubuntu 20.04?

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Now as far as I know if the customer installs the tool on Windows PC and wants to use it via a PC linux using a remote desktop it could work. It seems other customers are already using this system.However on our side we never tested that.

Up to now we haven’t a hcs12 compiler that can work under linux.
So we recommend to use the tool on windows PC.

Have a nice day,
Jun Zhang

0 Kudos