cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1046A Development on the LS1046ARDB using CodeWarrior

Jump to solution
Daves_Garage
Contributor IV

Using Codewarrior, I am able to build a QorIQ Configuration Project for the PBL, and upload the RCW from the development kit.  Now I modify this RCW to disable the SerDes (or something), then compile the project, which generates a bin file in the "Generated_Code" directory.  If I use this file and update flash with it, it's endianness is wrong the next time I read it.  Is there an automated way from within CodeWarrior to fix this, or is it something we do manually.

I notice there is a utility in the LSDK when building this stuff from the command line.

Any pointers helpful.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

No method in CodeWarrior to do this.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Daves_Garage
Contributor IV

Yes.  This was exactly pointed out in my question above.  "I notice there is a utility in the LSDK when building this stuff from the command line."

I am aware of the python script for building the rcw, and generating the bin file.  My question is specifically about programming the RCW from within the CodeWarrior software.  Using the flash utility and flashing the bin file generated from CodeWarrior doesn't account for the big-endian ordering.  The question I need answered is:  Is there a method or process within CodeWarrior for doing this?

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

No method in CodeWarrior to do this.

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You could use rcw package provided in LSDK.

$ git clone https://source.codeaurora.org/external/qoriq/qoriq-components/rcw.git

$ git checkout -b LSDK-21.08 LSDK-21.08

$ cd rcw/ls1028ardb

$ ../rcw.py -i R_SQPP_0x85bb/rcw_1500_gpu600.rcw -o R_SQPP_0x85bb/rcw_1500_gpu600.bin

0 Kudos