cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to strip .debug section of a library in code warrior

Jump to solution
whizpb
Contributor I

I have created a code warrior library project to generate a library as output. The library has .debug section which I would like to strip before using this library in any other project.

Is there an option available in the Code warrior IDE to strip the library of its .debug section?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Prashant,

You can disable debug information for specific file or entire group by removing a black dot icon (you can on/off debug info by double clicking on the symbol) in the debug column in the Project manager (see attached screenshot below).

This should work in all CodeWarriors based on Classic IDE.

CWClassic_strip_debug_info.png

Hope it helps.

Stan.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Prashant,

You can disable debug information for specific file or entire group by removing a black dot icon (you can on/off debug info by double clicking on the symbol) in the debug column in the Project manager (see attached screenshot below).

This should work in all CodeWarriors based on Classic IDE.

CWClassic_strip_debug_info.png

Hope it helps.

Stan.

0 Kudos
whizpb
Contributor I

Thanks Stanislav. This resolved my problem.

0 Kudos
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi.

Do you use CW for MCP55xx/56xx V2.10 or older version ?

Have a great day,
Pascal
Freescale Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
whizpb
Contributor I

Hi Pascal,

Yes, I am using MCP55xx/56xx v2.10 SE. Does it have a known limitation? Do any alternatives exist for it?

Prashant

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You should be able to use the strip program for this:

https://sourceware.org/binutils/docs/binutils/strip.html

You find the program in

C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.6\Cross_Tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc-4_7_3\bin

Erich

0 Kudos
whizpb
Contributor I

Hi Erich

Thanks for your quick response. The CW installation you referred to is for ARM.

I am using a Power PC installation of the Code Warrior for MSP56xx and do not see a similar strip utility being available in the package.

Prashant

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I'm not familiar with that tool chain, but I believe it is based on GNU, and therefore it should include that strip utility. But that strip utility is operating on standard .elf/dwarf files, so you should be even be able to use it from an ARM GNU toolchain.

Erich

0 Kudos