Did you mean: 

How To Start With FXTH870911

Jump to solution
abarnic_co
Contributor III

Hi Dears

Im new hear

I'm trying to write a complete program for FXTH870911

But so far I have not found a reference to explain everything completely and from the beginning.

I have designed a board with and write a simple program in the codeٌWarrior and in debug mode, I can turn on an LED.
But when I remove the board from the programmer(USB Multililnk), the LED will not turn on.

I even programmed the program(.s19 file) with the PROGHCS08 software, but it was not run yet.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Morteza,

From your description, It looks like the firmware was deleted.

All TPMS parts contain a set of functions when out of factory. User can call these functions but can not debug them. User can't erase this firmware functions during developing project.

Customer section of TPMS flash memory can be erased and reprogrammed, But if you perform a mass erase you will delete this firmware functions. There is no way to recover them.

I think the only way is to re-order a new module, NXP is not proposing any re-flash (which firmware, which trim and so on...).

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

15 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Morteza,

You need replace your old chip with another new one out of the factory.

Offset setting is not must, but I suggest you not using "Flash to Target". "Flash to Target" doesn't integrate full programing features. Please try to use debugger to program only.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

abarnic_co
Contributor III

Hi Dear Zhang

How can I turn the "TPMS_FXTH87_LF_RF_Communication_CW10" project into a project that can be used as a TPMS?

best regards

morteza

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I don't have much experience with "TPMS_FXTH87_LF_RF_Communication_CW10" project. I suggest you asking it in sensor space. They may have more experience on sensor applications.

0 Kudos
abarnic_co
Contributor III

Hi Zhang

thank you so muth for reply

You were right, I replaced the module with another factory module, now the module is working right.

so, How can I recognize that the module I buy has this problem(firmware problem)?

Do you know the reputable factory?
After completing my program, I need about 100,000 of these modules.

Best Regards

moreza

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Morteza

Reading the content of the addresses from 0xE000 to 0xFFFF will inform the customer of whether the firmware has been erased: if the content of 0xE000 -> 0xFFFF is equal to 0xFF then it means it has been erased.

This can be read manually with CW debugger: after opening a debug session, go to the “Memory” panel and click on the green plus; enter address 0xE000 and click OK. This will display the content of the memory. Below the firmware has not been erased as the content is not 0xFF.

pastedImage_2.png

The section from 0xE000 to 0xFFFF contains firmware functions, interrupt vectors and trim coefficients.

Trim coefficients are between 0xFD40 and 0xFDFF.

If everything including trim coefficients has been erased then the device is lost.

But if trim coefficients have not been erased (addresses from 0xFD40 to 0xFDFF are not 0xFF), so only firmware functions and interrupt vectors have been erased, then the device is not lost and in this case.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

abarnic_co
Contributor III

Hi Deare ZhangJennine

thank you very much for reply

i can programing and debugging now

i test my fxth output with an 433 fm Receiver, the RF signal is transmiting from my module But my receiver does not recognize TPMS 

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Morteza,

From your description, It looks like the firmware was deleted.

All TPMS parts contain a set of functions when out of factory. User can call these functions but can not debug them. User can't erase this firmware functions during developing project.

Customer section of TPMS flash memory can be erased and reprogrammed, But if you perform a mass erase you will delete this firmware functions. There is no way to recover them.

I think the only way is to re-order a new module, NXP is not proposing any re-flash (which firmware, which trim and so on...).

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

abarnic_co
Contributor III

this is my FXTH870911 Board

it currectly drive in debug mod of codewarrior and PROGHCS08 FXTH870911 Board.jpg

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Morteza,

I currently don't have FXTH87 in hand. So I can't do test now.

But I ever worked this chip with one of my customer. From the test of my customer, click on "Erase Whole Device" will cause this problem. Exactly as yours. See attached.

We also checked this with sensor team, we got this is the limitation of the chip.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos
abarnic_co
Contributor III

Hi ZhangJennie

I replace my module and program againe, with way you sayd

but it is not working!!

have nice day

morteza

0 Kudos
abarnic_co
Contributor III

Sorry i ask a lot of questions
In the module's datasheet, specify a specific address for flash memory
Do we need to consider this in programming?

erase whole device.jpg

0 Kudos
abarnic_co
Contributor III

Hi Dear ZhangJennie 

Thank you so so so so much for your quick Reply.

so can you help me to write right program?

I do not know where to start!!!

0 Kudos
abarnic_co
Contributor III

Dear ZhangJennie

You said that: "NXP is not offering any re-flash!"
Do you mean that we should only program the module once?
If so, if someone wants to write to the program for module, how can they write the program right the first time?:smileyconfused:

0 Kudos
abarnic_co
Contributor III

I have a Autel TS508 TPMS Reader as Receiver

Im looking for write a Program that I Can Communicate With TS508 Receiver.

Ts508.jpg

0 Kudos
abarnic_co
Contributor III

Hi Dear Jennie Zhang

Thank you so much for your quick Reply.
For my new module, how do I Program the module so that the module does not Erase the firmware of module?

Is the module Programing good with PROGHCS08 or with the CoddeWarrior Flash Programmer? 

0 Kudos