Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash programming C90LC driver with MPC5633M

Jump to solution
Stevanatto
Contributor II

Hi,

I want to store data in flash yet. In another post (Flash2Ram & Ram2Flash @MPC55xx) people told me to use "EEPROM Emulation Software Driver for C90LC Flash Family" 

My Qorivva microprocessor MPC5633M include C90LC feature and I want to use the cited code. For startup I program a starterkit TRK-MPC5634M .

When I look for one demo project I realised there are no specific example with MPC5633M. Then I reuse one of the demos, I changed some register addresses and the size of the flask blocks. But it was not enough to work properly. It fail on initialization and always return 'Cannot perform high voltage operation successfully'.

How do I start up in this micro from one demo code? What did I forgot?

Any suggestions ?

Thank you in advance,

Stevanatto

Original Attachment has been moved to: CW-Installed-Plugins.txt.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: Teste-MPC5633M-C90LC.zip

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I read also the first thread and it looks like you don't need EEPROM Emulation but rather only pure flash drivers. EEPROM Emulation is useful when you want to update data many times and when you want to extend the lifetime of flash (i.e. reduce the the number of program/erase cycles).

If my understanding is correct, you need to do calibration only once or maybe several times during lifetime of product, right? In this case, I would suggest these flash drivers because it reduces software overhead a lot:

http://www.freescale.com/files/soft_dev_tools/software/device_drivers/MPC56XX_C90LC_JDP_SSD_100_DEVD...

There's also example directly for MPC563xM.

Regards,

Lukas

View solution in original post

1 Reply
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I read also the first thread and it looks like you don't need EEPROM Emulation but rather only pure flash drivers. EEPROM Emulation is useful when you want to update data many times and when you want to extend the lifetime of flash (i.e. reduce the the number of program/erase cycles).

If my understanding is correct, you need to do calibration only once or maybe several times during lifetime of product, right? In this case, I would suggest these flash drivers because it reduces software overhead a lot:

http://www.freescale.com/files/soft_dev_tools/software/device_drivers/MPC56XX_C90LC_JDP_SSD_100_DEVD...

There's also example directly for MPC563xM.

Regards,

Lukas