cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: An error occured while connecting to the interface- CW_FLASH_OpenSDA

beezee
Contributor III

Hi,

I am trying to connect kl46z256 to Code Warrior v11. I have gone through different online suggestions to change the kl46z to debug mode but the error comes when the Code Warrior is trying to connect to the hardware. The attached pictures show the problem.

My operating system is Windows 7. and the hardware works when I copy and paste the code to it but not when I use debugging.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Beezee

7 Replies

beezee
Contributor III

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I drag and drop the SDA file to the Bootloader but then after reconnecting again the hardware KL46Z256 is in Bootloader again. I guess this is not a correct SDA file.

Reards,

Beezee

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Bee,

What about your board ? FRDM-KL46Z ?

This SDA file can work well on my FRDM-KL46Z board, I take a video about it  on CW11.

And you can also try to use the OpenSDA for J-link "17_OpenSDA_FRDM-KL46Z.bin" if your board is FRDM-KL46Z.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

beezee
Contributor III

Hi,

Thanks for the video. It is good that it works in your system. How do I set up the J-link (OpenSDA for J-link "17_OpenSDA_FRDM-KL46Z.bin")? Where do I download the bin file?

This is my board.

20180115_094215.jpg

Thanks,

Bee Zee

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Bee,

Please follow  the below steps :

1)Press the Reset button (and keep it pressed) while power the board with the OpenSDA USB connector(J13):.
2)  The board will
show up as BOOTLOADER drive on your system:
3) Copy"17_OpenSDA_FRDM-KL46Z.bin "
(I attached it for you) to the BOOTLOADER driver:
4) The copy operation takes about 2-3 seconds, after finished , unpower
 the board.
5) Power the board again normally .

BTW, there isn't need connect SWD on your board.

BR

Alice

beezee
Contributor III

Thanks,

I found the problem J18 was disconnected and I just put a pin. Since somebody gave me the board I did not know about it.

FRDM-KL46Z.png

pastedImage_2.png

Thanks,

Bee Zee

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Bee Zee,

Please update debug firmware  using the latest version "MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-KL46Z48M_Pemicro_v118",

I attached it for you . Also please change to a new CW workspace .

BR

Alice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

beezee
Contributor III

I have managed to install the firmware you uploaded, and I created a new workspace. I still get this same error however. Do you have any further advice for solving this problem?

0 Kudos