Memory access failed / Scan IDCODE - No DAP device found on the JTAG chain

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory access failed / Scan IDCODE - No DAP device found on the JTAG chain

brettstahlman
Contributor III

When I attempt to connect to my LS1012A Reference Design Board for debugging, I get the following error:

Memory access failed.
//
Additional error details:
[Failed to write memory at address 0x1ee00e4 on core CortexA53#0.
Core CortexA53#0 not found on the JTAG chain. Please verify that the Reset Configuration Word is correct, or enable RCW Override in the initialization file.]

When I click the "Diagnose" button, I get the following error:

Scan IDCODE No DAP device found on the JTAG chain

The "More info" panel shows the following:

Detected IDCODE

TDO -----

|

* Device 0  IDCODE: 4BA00477  Device: ARM DAP rev 4.x

|

TDI -----

No DAP device found on the JTAG chain

Please make sure the board DIP switches are correct regarding Debugger / Boundary scan mode as described in the README section.
If the board is fitted with multiple JTAG header connectors, please make sure the probe is connected to the correct one (usually labeled CPU JTAG)

I've looked at the README, and have tried both the "QSPI_BOOT" and the "Hard coded" switch settings. I've also set USE_SAFE_RCW = True. (Without this, I get an error even earlier.)

Is there something wrong with the IDCODE returned by my board? Any ideas on what could be causing the errors?

Thanks,

Brett S.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Using USE_SAFE_RCW = True you are able to connect to the board?

Adrian

0 Kudos

brettstahlman
Contributor III

Adrian,

No. As I mentioned, I don't even get this far if I don't set USE_SAFE_RCW = True. Also, I've been informed by an NXP engineer that I should be connecting to J11 rather than J12. I believe the IDCODE 4BA00477 (ARM DAP rev 4.x) shown above corresponds to K22, not the LS1012A. I've been working with an NXP engineer in an attempt to resolve the issue, but if the pace/quality of his responses thus far is any indication, I'll be lucky to connect to the board by Christmas...

Thanks,

Brett S.

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Brett Stahlman,

Please set signal TBSCAN_EN_B to "1" to configure the debugger connection mode as CMSIS-DAP. It seems that there is problem to flash QSPI flash on LS1012 with hard-coded RCW in CodeWarrior IDE previously. Please refer to the procedure provided in https://community.nxp.com/message/852508?commentID=852508#comment-852508, which we have verified.Please modify the probe connection type in cwflash script as "CMSIS-DAP".

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos