cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeWarrior and USB/Serial adapter

alessandrochiru
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm experiencing some troubles with interfacing my LFEBS12UB (LFEBS12UB - NXP - Kit Apprendimento Studenti, MC9S12DG128, S12, Debug + Circuiteria Target su Singol... ) with CodeWarrior.

The firste problem, is that i can't find my device in the first menu, while creating a new project. I find only MC9S12DG128B, and i'm not sure that it work properly, but it looks the most similar to MC9S12DG128B.

Then, when i have to select the type of interface, in debugging window, i'm not sure about the one to choose.

My PC, doesn't provide a serial port, so i decided to buy a Prolific USB-to-Serial Converter. I'm not sure about settings, but i tried some solutions i found on this community, like changing the COM, and setting proper speed and protocol of communication, but it doesn't work.

What can i do?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

LFEBS12UB board doesn't come with debug interface, user needs to use external emulator instead. we recommend use multilink universal as external emulator to download and debug with target.

P&E Microcomputer Systems: Over 30 years as an Industry leader in Embedded Systems Development Tools...

the SCI interface on board is only MCU SCI port. it is not for debug/program.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

alessandrochiru
Contributor I

Thank you for your help,

But it's specified on the manual that S12UB is a stand alone product for

students. Also in the first lab (attached) it's written, that it's

necessary only an RS-232 to connect the board to the PC, for using D-bug12

or Sermon. Probably it's a problem connected with the conversion from

serial to usb. There must be some problem with the interfacing protocol,

but also trying other baud rates nothing change.

on the quick stat guide sheet (step 5) it's written "As shipped the S12UB

Target microcontroller, will be running a test program. For proper

operation the leds will show a toggling pattern"

I didn't see nothing like this.

An i have also some problem with the temperature. the power mosfet near the

biasing plug become very hot (too much in my opinion) after few minutes

from power-on.

I asked Fernell for a replace, and i'll test the new board also with a

different Serial-to-usb converter, and with different mini jumper

confoguration.

thank you for your support.

2016-06-12 9:36 GMT+02:00 ZhangJennie <admin@community.freescale.com>:

NXP Community

<https://community.freescale.com/resources/statics/1000/35400-NXP-Community-Email-banner-600x75.jpg>

CodeWarrior and USB/Serial adapter

reply from ZhangJennie

<https://community.nxp.com/people/ZhangJennie?et=watches.email.thread> in *CodeWarrior

Development Tools* - View the full discussion

<https://community.nxp.com/message/669162?et=watches.email.thread#comment-669162>

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

to work with D-Bug 12 interface, D-Bug12 bootloader must be programmed first. please make sure it has been programed beforehand.then you can follow attached manual S12UB User Guide, 4.3 Reprogramming the DEBUG (POD) microcontroller, Changing from SerMon GDI to D-Bug12.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos