Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeWarrior Configuration for standalone

Jump to solution
armandogalicia
Contributor I

Hi all,

I'm working with CW 10.5 and currently I'm unable to perform standalone running in my Kinetis. Only works for debug mode. I did flash programmer steps but didn't work as expected. Any help on this? Appreciate your time!

Regards

Labels (1)
1 Solution
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please first make sure that you are programming the application into Flash memory.  If you have already checked that the code is programmed to Flash memory and that the watchdog is not resetting the board, I suggest you to check the printf() statements.

If you have printf() in CodeWarrior,  the output is set by default to the debugger console, while running in standalone mode a printf statement that is outputted to the debugger console will cause the application to get stuck. Please either set printf() output to the UART port or comment out any printf() statement on your application. Does it working?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please first make sure that you are programming the application into Flash memory.  If you have already checked that the code is programmed to Flash memory and that the watchdog is not resetting the board, I suggest you to check the printf() statements.

If you have printf() in CodeWarrior,  the output is set by default to the debugger console, while running in standalone mode a printf statement that is outputted to the debugger console will cause the application to get stuck. Please either set printf() output to the UART port or comment out any printf() statement on your application. Does it working?

armandogalicia
Contributor I

Thank you both!!!

Actually yes!!, Is working fine when I take off my printf's. (My code only) but now another issue, I'm using SD card driver from Freescale, FAT DiskIO APP which has a lot of printf inside, I only comment out the printf that I put for debug purposes (not in the demo driver), to read from both USB and SD card, With USB no problem, but when I'm trying to read from SD the system reset (CPU interrupt). I'm can do reading SD in debug mode but not in standalone. Now, I don't  know for sure how this works but I guess that the compiler is just ignoring the printf inside the SD driver ant that is causing that my reading fails. Timing maybe?, Hope can helpme you guys regarding this.

Thanks!!!

Armando Galicia

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

i ever had similar problem as yours, i fixed the problem this way:

1. remove .metadata folder in your current workspace

2. restart CW

3. create a new project from wizard, build project and launch debugger. make sure connection is ok

4. disconnect debugger connection

5. try simple flash as this link shows: http://mcuoneclipse.com/2012/08/02/standalone-flash-programmer/

can this help?