Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding new device in CodeWarrior flash programmer

Jump to solution
nobelsharanyanj
Contributor III

Hi,

I am working in P1010 custom board bringup, Here we use "MT29F2G08ABAEAWP" instead of "MT29F16G08ABACA - P1010RDB-PB".

Since we boot from NOR flash(32MB), everything works good. I am able to read and write to NAND flash in u-boot and its working fine.

As size of NOR flash is small we thought to use NAND flash for storing rootfs. When tried to flash using flash programmer the device is missing in the list.

So I created a MT29F2G08ABAEA-IFC.xml file which is a exact replica of MT29F2G08ABAEA-eLBC.xml in

CodeWarrior_PA_10.4.0/PA/CodeWarrior/CodeWarrior_Plugins/Support/Products/ProductData/FPDevices.mwpdb/FP/

only a minor changes such as algorithm - "MT29FxG08-IFC.elf" and flash utility "MT29FxG08-IFCUtility.elf".

But when I tried the flashprogrammer, erase is getting success where us the blank check is getting failed.

Please let me know if I missed out anything.

Regard

Nobel

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Nobel,

In CodeWarrior initialization file, it's needed to modify NAND IFC controller configuration section(FTIM0, FTIM1 and FTIM2) according to your target board, this configuration is coincident with the configuration in u-boot header file.

In addition, would you please also provide the log of flash programmer?

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Nobel,

In CodeWarrior initialization file, it's needed to modify NAND IFC controller configuration section(FTIM0, FTIM1 and FTIM2) according to your target board, this configuration is coincident with the configuration in u-boot header file.

In addition, would you please also provide the log of flash programmer?

Have a great day,
Yiping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos