cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processor expert component library

fasihahmed
Contributor IV

ZhangJennie‌ xiangjun.rong

I am trying to port processor expert from MC56F82748 DSC to MC56F84763 DSC. And there are some components that used in older DSC, but when I try to search the same components in Components Library, they are not found if that DSC filter is on.

If i remove the filter and then add the same component, then I get this error as shown in image below.

How can i solve this issue, since the DSC sub-family is same ?question to nxp 4.PNGquestion to nxp 5.PNG

Labels (1)
6 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Fasih,

MC56F84763 doesn't support logic driver device component (encapsulated with LDD). For this chip, please use classic pe component, for example FreeCntr instead.

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

fasihahmed
Contributor IV

Ok What is the alternative component for 'PinSettings' components?

Does new DSC family MC56F83763 also not support LDD? and when we expect that processor to be available in components library??

ZhangJennie

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

There is no 'PinSettings' components for MC56F84763, the pin setting feature is included in individual component. For example, we want to set ADC input pins, we can set it with either Init_ADC or ADC component. If only basic peripheral initialization is needed, Init_xxx component is recommended.

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

fasihahmed
Contributor IV

Thanks. Does new DSC family MC56F83763 also not support LDD? and when we expect that processor to be available in components library??

ZhangJennie

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Fasih,

The PE for MC56F83xxx has been developing now, but has not released. I suggest you install the QuickStart tools, which can generate code based on a GUI.

This is the quickStart tools link, the installing guideline DSC56800EX_Quick_Start_User_Manual.pdf is located at:

C:\nxp\DSC56800EX_Quick_Start_r2.7\docs\user_manual

This is the QuickStart link:

DSC Quick Start Initialization and Development Tool | NXP 

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos

JPE
Contributor III

Hi XiangJun Rong,

do you know, when the PE for the MC56F83xxx-family will be available?
I've just installed CW 11.1 with all available updates, but Processor Expert does not seem to support the MC56F83xxx-family yet.

(See attached screenshots for version numbers of CW and PE support)

BR. Joern

0 Kudos