HCS12 Serial Monitor Connection needed

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCS12 Serial Monitor Connection needed

elizabethfreije
Contributor I

Adding missing files but do not have the connection option for the HCS12 Serial Monitor. How do I get it installed in CodeWarrior 5.2?

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

CW5.2 Removed the following connections:
    - SofTec connection - inDART-HCS12 or Starter Kit
    - HCS12 Serial Monitor connection
    - Abatron BDI connection
    - TBDML Connection

Officially we don't suggest you use 5.2 with HCS12 Serial Monitor connection. Which chip do you work with? May I suggest you use CW5.1 instead?

Attached is the video of how to download CW5.1.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

elizabethfreije
Contributor I

Thank you for your response. The video was helpful. However, once logged in, I find I cannot access CW5.1.  My page shows access to CW5.2 and no option for CW5.1.  I have always taught my courses using the CW special edition software. This is the free download for teaching in the classroom on trainer boards, not professional development.  Is there "general" access for special edition CW5.1?

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Elizabeth,

unfortunately , there is no "general" access for CW5.1 download. user has to log in and download it from "previous" tab

I just found another video of how to download CW5.1, please check if this can help you

Video Link : 5109 

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos