Suddenly Codewarrior 6.3 with P&E MU will not flash 9S08QG8.  Can see no activity on Reset pin. Replaced P&E MU but now I have a spare.  Does go into debug mode with functioning MCU but will not program a new one.  Any ideas?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly Codewarrior 6.3 with P&E MU will not flash 9S08QG8.  Can see no activity on Reset pin. Replaced P&E MU but now I have a spare.  Does go into debug mode with functioning MCU but will not program a new one.  Any ideas?

dpierman
Contributor II

Have been using this combination for years and never had a problem with it.  A few days ago it stopped writing to flash.  I have never looked too deep into what happens when debugging or writing to flash but it seems the Reset line needs to go low for about 20 ms and the debug line must also go low.  The debug line has activity but nothing on Reset.  Sometimes the reset stays high and other times it stays low.  I'm finishing a big project!  I had two projects open when all went bad. I believe I had two projects open at the time.

Please excuse the post.  Just before slitting my wrist I found there was no problem at all.  Reset function going into Background Debug confusing but all is well.  Problem was configuration issue with Port A Data Direction Register out of reset.                                                            .

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

dpierman
Contributor II

Thank you Jennie,

My problem turned out to be a worn connector to target MCU.  In the process of trouble shooting I did purchase a new PE Multilink Universal and downloaded the newer version 12 drivers.  Now I have a Windows Error Message "Windows - Fafal Application Exit".  "WinDriver - This is an unregistered copy, available for a 30 day evaluation period.  You have 21 days left."  Do you think this is due to the new driver download?

Don

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Don.

I never had this kind of problem.

Is this problem happened when you plug Multilink Universal to USB port?

Is this problem happened every time?

Can you show me a screenshot of it?
What's your windows system? 64bit win7 or 32bit xp or else?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

1. when connects the BDM Multilink ,check windows deice manager. Can it be recognized by system well?

2. are both of the leds on multilink on when connecting board?

3. Here is the driver for P&E hardware interface. please install it, restart computer and try again.

P&E Hardware Interface Drivers, Version 12 (Win XP/Vista/7/8/10

4. If still can not download, please test it on another two more computers. we need to verify if the problem is because of BDM Multilink itself.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos