Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeWarrior TAP and mobileGT 9.2

Jump to solution
joe3
Contributor I

Hi,

We have just purchased a CodeWarrior TAP and would like to connect it to our old MPC5200 target.

According to the forum we should use mobileGT 9.2 and download a file according to AN4780.

However, the link is no longer valid. And Google has been no use as well.

Can someone point me to the right location?

From AN4780:

Enable the use of CWTAP

Follow these steps to manually update CodeWarrior for mobileGT, version 9.2, and enable the use of CWTAP:
1.    Rename mobileGT9.2\ccs folder as ccs_old. Delete this folder after enabling the new ccs with the new CWTAP probe.
2.    Download ccs_bld369_win.zip by navigating to the link below and selecting CCS_GDB_BIN_CW_TAP_WIN:         freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=CW_TAP&fpsp=1&tab=Design_Tools_Tab

Best regards

Joergen

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Use the following command sequence.

1. Install evaluation version of CodeWarrior 8.8:

https://nxp.flexnetoperations.com/control/frse/download?agree=Accept&element=6121541

1. Install CW PA v8.8.6 Windows Patch.
  2. Install CodeWarrior MGT 9.2.
  3. Delete the C:\Program Files (x86)\Freescale\CodeWarrior for MobileGT V9.2\ccs folder.
  4. Copy ccs folder from this CodeWarrior 8.8 to C:\Program Files (x86)\Freescale\CodeWarrior for MobileGT V9.2\.
  5. Install CodeWarrior TAP driver from this ccs folder.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
joe3
Contributor I

Dear Pavel,

Thank you for the instructions. However, the link to CodeWarrior 8.8 does not seems to work. It just opens my account overview.

I was also not able to locate the download anywhere on the NXP site. Can you please help with this issue?

/Joergen

0 Kudos
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Joergen,

Try to download ccs version archive here:

https://www.nxp.com/lgfiles/updates/Probes/ccs_bld369_lin.tar 

Hope it helps.

Stan

0 Kudos
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Use the following command sequence.

1. Install evaluation version of CodeWarrior 8.8:

https://nxp.flexnetoperations.com/control/frse/download?agree=Accept&element=6121541

1. Install CW PA v8.8.6 Windows Patch.
  2. Install CodeWarrior MGT 9.2.
  3. Delete the C:\Program Files (x86)\Freescale\CodeWarrior for MobileGT V9.2\ccs folder.
  4. Copy ccs folder from this CodeWarrior 8.8 to C:\Program Files (x86)\Freescale\CodeWarrior for MobileGT V9.2\.
  5. Install CodeWarrior TAP driver from this ccs folder.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos