ventilator and hardware

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ventilator and hardware

jagannathang
Contributor II

we are using the DRM127 FOR VENTILATOR AND HARDWARE.  WE need the below help urgently.

1. How to program freescale board & interface the required peripherals?
2. Which IDE to use & SDK for the same if available for this module?
3. Which software to use for Medical_ventilator.mcp provide by you in Medical_ventilator_SW.zip?

Labels (1)
15 Replies

celsoken
Contributor V

Dear Abdullah,

Our open-source open-hardware eAR is functional.

eAR project is working on forced ventilation mode. Assisted mode expected for this week.
eAR was designed to meet specs of MIT Projeto E-VENT and MHRA (UK) - Rapidly Manufacuted Ventilator System

Characteristics:
- Tidal Volume SET: 200-800ml range, calibrated at 400ml
- BPM SET: 8 to 32
- I/E Ratio: 1:1, 1:2, 1:3 and 1:4
- Plateau Hold Time: 150, 250, 500 and 1s
- Overpressure cutoff on 1 cm H2O resolution. Overpressure observed is less than 1 cm H2O.
- Mandatory External Watchdog Timer
- Works on simplest mechanics available:
  - car window lift motor (right or left type)
  - car fuel tank float sensor
  - laser cut MDF parts, optionally use acrylic or metal sheet parts

Updated info on Github: https://github.com/RespiradorHacker/Projeto-EAR-Celso

Best Regards,

Celso

abdullahmurad
Contributor II

Dear Celso,

First of all sorry for the late reply. I would like to thank you a lot for your contribution!

I am currently manufacturing the UCL-Ventura CPAP device because it is relatively simple and can be manufactured with existing machines without importing any parts.

Of course, I can share with you the design files.

Regards,
Abdullah

0 Kudos

celsoken
Contributor V

Dear Abdullah,

If your heathcare guys say that CPAP is good enough, it's ok. Here I rcvd info that we needed BPAP so we built a very low cost ventilator. Results are impressive with 1 cm H2O precision. Good luck! Cheers, Celso

0 Kudos

abdullahmurad
Contributor II

Hello,
If someone is working on an Open Source Respirator for the current COVID-19 situation, I can help with the SW part.

Thanks, Murad

0 Kudos

celsoken
Contributor V

Hi Abdullah,

I'm working on an open hardware, open source project named e-AR project. The mechanical and electrical prototype is functional, firmware is WIP. The mechanical prototype is the simplest I've ever seen worldwide. It uses shelf car parts to implement mechanical power and position control. Pls take a look in GitHub - RespiradorHacker/Projeto-EAR-Celso: EAR - Emergency Automatic Respirator  check for existing photos and videos and if you're interested pls let me know.

Cheers,

Celso

celsoken
Contributor V

I hope NXP does not sue me for that, but DRM127 files are here. Both HW and SW files. I think they are Codewarrior 6.3 based, so https://community.nxp.com/thread/302974 could be necessary. Good luck, Celso

0 Kudos

Juan-Rodarte
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, we have migrated the software from CodeWarrior 6.3 to CodeWarrior 11 to make it easier to use. The code has not been physically tested. We hope you find it useful.

abdullahmurad
Contributor II

Thanks, Juan, I also Migrated the software to CodeWarrior 11. Have you managed to make the PCB?

0 Kudos

abdullahmurad
Contributor II

Thank you so much for sharing these files!

0 Kudos

mikeh2
Contributor I

Hello,

I am also working on a Respirator design for the Covid situation. 

I have been trying to find the code files, the Gerbers, and if possible, the design files so I can make modifications to the circuit design. 
NXP says that they no longer have these. Can someone forward a copy if you have them?
Thanks,
Mike
0 Kudos

celsoken
Contributor V

Hi,

I don't know where you're located but here in Brazil we're facing serious logistics problems. If it's your case you could look for USBDM devices. These are commonly available and they're an open-source open-hardware evolution of OSBDM.

Also I'm not sure you'll be able to find the specific coldfire processor.

Due to Coronavirus, I'm currently working 18/7 on a task force for an AMBU based emergency respiratory device focused on emerging countries supplies. If you are interested, pls let me know.

Good luck,

Celso

0 Kudos

jagannathang
Contributor II

Pls. share your mail id . I will give u the Gerber . it is quite complicated and i can help u . My mail id is g.jagan@aarmsvaluechain.com. My mobile no. is +919845497950

0 Kudos

vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The design uses an MCF51MM device and has the BDM connector  (j13) so you can use a Universal multilink and or cyclone 

The IDE is codewarrior  11 

Please also check the following link

https://www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/evaluation-and-development-boards/tower-development-...

Just be aware that the DRM127 is a little bit old.

Have a good day

er_vishaladitya
Contributor II

Hi Vicente,

Thanks for your quick response!

The Freescale board has onboard USB connector J16 near J1(PowerSource), can it be used to directly connect to PC & program using Keil IDE with any linker/driver of Freescale if available? 

E.G: nrfjprog by SEGGER jlink is there to directly program/debug nordic semiconductor boards ; stlink utility is provided by STMicroelectronics (Something like these if available).

If not then please confirm else we have to buy Universal multilink 
0 Kudos

vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi 

The DRM127 does not have a integrate OSBDM, so you need to buy one external programmer, my recommendation is the use the  Universal multilink

there are other cheaper programmer but I have not used, so I can not tell you if those are good or not.

Also you can make your own programmer on the  P&E web page you can find the firmware and hardware that you need to create your own OSBDM

0 Kudos