cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using usbdm library in custom projects

yarik111475
Contributor II

Hello everyine.

English is not my native lang., so I excuse for any mistakes.

The problem is that. I try to use the usbdm.4.dll library in custom programming project for read/write mcu HCS08 series (I programming in C#).

Now I can read device, but just have not idea how to write device's memory to using this library.

Maybe someone has some custom working project using that .dll (they may be on C or C++, I can understand them).

Thanks.

Labels (1)
4 Replies

kef2
Senior Contributor IV

I'm not familiar with usbdm and your USB<->BDM adapter, but since you can read S08, you also should be able to read write to RAM of your S08 device. Writing to flash memory should be done according to your S08 device flash memory programming algorithm. You can directly manipulate flash module register from BDM, so next step would be to read your S08 datasheet and read about flash module clock initialization and flash erase and program algorithm, which is not the same for all S08 devices.

Regards,

Edward

yarik111475
Contributor II

Thanks, Edward.

Yes, now I can read device (I'm working with GB60 MCU), using C# wrapper for usbdm library from the usbdm project of pgo. But example (here the link: http://usbdm.sourceforge.net/USBDM_V4.12/USBDM_CF_JMxx/html/usbdm_programming.html#USBDM)

is very simple and there is not example of using that library for erase and write MCU. I try to read datasheet, but can not understand how to use that library... If I can see any simple example for using that library, it can be easy for me in my project.

0 Kudos

kef2
Senior Contributor IV

Looks like there's more suitable place for questions regarding USBDM API

OSBDM and TBDML

Programming with the USBDM API

I think that looking there you should find some examples.

Regards

Edward

0 Kudos

yarik111475
Contributor II

Thanks Edward, I'll try to ask developer of that library (pgo) over there. May be he will help me with some source code files...

0 Kudos