表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

Programmable Motorcycle Self-generating ignition

9,562件の閲覧回数
magneto
Contributor I
Hi to You All!
Magneto here from Sunny UK!
I'm keen to make a programmable CDI so ignition advance curves can be altered!
I've got a lot of information from Freescale on this (Doc. AN4006) who have been excellent in their assistance and was wondering if anyone out there has done this same project? If so it would be great to get some practical assistance as I'm new to digital devices!
Have a Great Day!:smileyvery-happy:
magneto
ラベル(1)
0 件の賞賛
返信
13 返答(返信)

1,320件の閲覧回数
killabyte
Contributor I
hi, i think i have at home some files related to IGBT´s and motorcicle engine start. it would be helpul, tomorrow ill attach some files. im not sure if those are from freescale.com, check there for application notes regarding IGBT.

regards

killa
0 件の賞賛
返信

1,319件の閲覧回数
JohnnyB
Contributor I
Killa,
Yeah they typically use an IGBT to discharge the capacitor into the coil...or an SCR of some sort. The schematics I've managed to view show a small circuit that bypasses the Microcontroller and shoots the pulser signal right to the IGBT until the microcontroller disables the circuit (triggered by enough pulses to calculate rpm), then the microcontroller takes over the task of triggering the IGBT.
JohnnyB
0 件の賞賛
返信

1,319件の閲覧回数
magneto
Contributor I

Hi Killa and JohnnyB!

Good to hear the progress we are making!

If it helps we have an analog CDI board that you can experiment with!

It uses a 1.5uf Cap for the Ht circuit and a TIC106M thyristor. There is a simple Cap-resistor cicuit for the gate all on a neat PCB.

Just let us know!

Keep on going!

Magneto:smileyvery-happy: 

0 件の賞賛
返信

1,320件の閲覧回数
skov
Contributor I
Hello,

I've just started work on a CDI for my bike. I haven't seen the freescale schematics, but I've based mine on the ones I found here:

http://www.sportdevices.com/ignition/ignition.htm

Hope that helps

-Skov
0 件の賞賛
返信

1,320件の閲覧回数
JohnnyB
Contributor I
Magneto,
I went here: http://www.mentor.com/products/pcb/pads/pads_eval.cfm  downloaded the software and was able to view the PCB layout as given in the ascii file. Only thing it seems to be missing is many of the component values. Still not sure what is actually in the SCH file. In the file I can view, most of resistor, diode and cap values are missing from the parts list.
I noticed Mentor also makes available an evaluation copy of their translation software which should handle the SCH files...but it's not available for download.
One step closer :smileyhappy:
JohnnyB

PS. I am less interested in this exact circut than I am in the some of the component values. At present I plan on trying to build the ignition using a "BasicStamp" type micro controller from Parallax....will need some tests to see if it's fast enough.

PSS. Good news Magneto, the Mentor download will do it all, reads the SCH file in the logic evaluation portion of the software. Only problem is that the file size exceeds the limits on the evaluation copy and output is disabled.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direciton.

Message Edited by JohnnyB on 03-06-200604:19 PM

Message Edited by JohnnyB on 03-06-200604:19 PM

Message Edited by JohnnyB on 03-06-200604:29 PM

0 件の賞賛
返信

1,320件の閲覧回数
JohnnyB
Contributor I

Magneto,

Thanks a bunch. That should help a lot. I'll let you know how it works out.

If you come across a schematic or part specifications list for the power end of the circuit let me know. I'm going to need the details for the circuit from the microcontroller out....SCR type/ capacitor size etc.

Thanks again,

JohnnyB

0 件の賞賛
返信

1,320件の閲覧回数
magneto
Contributor I

Hi JohnnyB,

Glad to be of service!

The power cap is listed at 2.2uf but this might have to be matched to the generator output!

The thyristor is listed as "reverse blocking triode thyristor, VRRM 600V" as far as we can tell. We read this from the .sch file on "Word" in japanese (euc) format!

We'll get there!

Please let us know any more developments you find!

0 件の賞賛
返信

1,320件の閲覧回数
JohnnyB
Contributor I
Come on...someone help us out. There has to be a relatively simple way to view these SCH files. Anyone?
Thanks,
JohnnyB
0 件の賞賛
返信

1,320件の閲覧回数
magneto
Contributor I
Hi JohnnyB,

Some news!
The asc and sch files of the CDI circuit appear to be from Mentor Grephics of USA!

They have a PADS program for PCB design and did this for Motorola! This information came from James Harriman of Altium Ltd-very helpful!
We have passed the files to a local PCB man'fr. and will post the results!

Keep going for it!

0 件の賞賛
返信

1,320件の閲覧回数
peg
Senior Contributor IV

Hi Johnny,

If you look at this thread:

http://forums.freescale.com/freescale/board/message?board.id=8BITCOMM&message.id=323

or here:

http://forums.freescale.com/freescale/board/message?board.id=8BITCOMM&message.id=345

joerg uses software called Eagle that seems to store in .sch format.

I don't really know if it is what you want but its worth a try I guess.

Peg

Message Edited by peg on 03-06-200602:24 PM

0 件の賞賛
返信

1,320件の閲覧回数
JohnnyB
Contributor I

Magneto,

Strangely enough, I'm looking to do the same thing. I've now got the reference design documents mentioned at the end of AN4006...but I can't view the SCH format files for the PCB layout.

Anyone have any ideas how to do this? Any free viewers out there for this file format, any plugins for Autocad? I've downloaded and tried a few Orcad viewers like the file offered by Allergra (sp) etc. But none would open this file...it uses one of the older version of the format I think...also has a gerb file with it.

All advice appreciated.

Thanks,

JohnnyB

0 件の賞賛
返信

1,320件の閲覧回数
hifni
Contributor I

Dear JhonnyB,

May i have the AN4006 Document files, i'm intended to make a DCDI for my reference in DIGITAL IGNTION engineering.

Thanks in advance,

Best regrads,

Hifn

0 件の賞賛
返信

1,320件の閲覧回数
magneto
Contributor I

Hi JohnnyB.

Good to have someone on the same journey!

I've also met this problem and am working on it!

Will let you know results

if I find the answer before you!

Good Luck!

Magneto

0 件の賞賛
返信