MC908QY4 Replacement

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC908QY4 Replacement

miguelangelferr
Contributor II

Hi My name is Miguel Angel Ferreira. I have been working by more than 5 years with the MC908QY4 8 Bits microcontroller. Now I want to update it to a more robust more faster but with the same DIP package microcotroller. I think that with 10 bits ADC and 10 bits PWM resolution I can greatly improve my current applications. So any suggestion??

Thanks!

Labels (1)
5 Replies

tonyp
Senior Contributor II

I don't think you will find a pin-to-pin replacement and HC08 does not seem to have much life left.  Maybe switch to 9S08.

The closest I can think (to give you more power and a DIP package) is the 9S08FL16.  But a board redesign, or at least an MCU replacement board, will be required.

miguelangelferr
Contributor II

OK. Tony! Nice to see a quick answer to my request. In fact I have used the FL16 for new designs, as it is a 32 SDIP package. However this FL16 is 8 bit PWM/ADC, I want to re make my question in the fact related to the features of the Microcontroller, currently the QY4 is already death for DIP package, however it has been a good friend during all this time of using it. But my main point is if there is a microcontroller with 10 bits ADC/PWM capability in DIP package.? at least not a pin to pin rplacement.

0 Kudos

vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

please check the s08qg family

8-bit Small Package QG MCUs | NXP 

it is available on DIP8 and DIP16

I hope this will help you.

Regards

miguelangelferr
Contributor II

Thanks!! many thanks! this is the answer I was looking for with my research! it fits my problem 100%. I can go further in my proyect now!

0 Kudos

tonyp
Senior Contributor II

A last buy date (May 2020) was just announced for 16-pin DIP QG4 / QG8.  Only the QG4 8-pin DIP survived (for now).

0 Kudos