Importing i.MX6 designs made in Cadence (OrCAD / Allegro) into Altium.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing i.MX6 designs made in Cadence (OrCAD / Allegro) into Altium.

Jump to solution
naoum_gitnik
Contributor II

Dear NXP Support,

I am currently working on a design based on the i.MX6 processor (most likely Dual). Downloaded the SABRE_AI and SABRESDB / SABRESDP platform design files (as a good starting point for my design) and tried to import the SCH-s into the Altium tool, however, for all the designs, the OrCAD pages with TEXT ONLY were preventing conversion for some reason (although there was no problem to do that for some other OrCAD schematics, but without a lot of text). May you do me a favor and at least for one of the designs (e.g., SABRESDB) send me the DSN file without these text-only pages, please?

Another option might be saving the same design in the older (e.g. 16.2) OrCAD revision...

May you also, for the same SABRESDB design, convert its existing layout from the modern BRD to the older Allegro ALG format, please? Or PADS? – The Altium tool I am using can import these formats.

I do understand that the most likely reason for holding Cadence files only is that very popular Cadence, not Altium, is the official design tool of the i.MX6 support team; however, Altium is a popular tool, too, and I am sure the other customers will also benefit from your reply.

Sincerely yours, Naoum Gitnik.

Labels (2)
1 Solution
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please find attached the schematic of the i.MX6Q SABRE SD board converted to the OrCAD v.16.2 format.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please find attached the schematic of the i.MX6Q SABRE SD board converted to the OrCAD v.16.2 format.

Have a great day,
Artur

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
naoum_gitnik
Contributor II

Spasibo Artur!

My Altium imported it smoothly.

Any luck with converting the layout file?

Iskrenne vash, Naoum Gitnik.

0 Kudos
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

To be honest, never tried it before. Seems that my OrCAD PCB Designer does not allow to save the .brd files in earlier format.

Best Regards,

Artur

0 Kudos
naoum_gitnik
Contributor II

Thanks anyway, Artur. I will try to find other ways to convert the layout file.

Sincerely, Naoum Gitnik.

0 Kudos
dusanferbas
Contributor III

Hi Naoum,

have you succeeded with translating the .brd file into the Altium format?

Best regards,

Dusan

0 Kudos
dusanferbas
Contributor III

Hello Yuri,

thank you for the links.
In fact, I am looking how to convert Allegro files for the QoriQ IoT Gateway  and the QoriQ Tower Module.
I have .dsn, .brd, but no .alg file.
The project in Altium format will also help.

Best regards,

Dusan.

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Please find the enclosed.

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos