cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing pins with PE 3.0.1 and KDS 3.0.0

michaelgoudey
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I'm trying to enable pin sharing in KDS v3.0.0 with associated PE version 3.0.1.  My target device is MK22FN512.  I was able to get this working with KDS v2.0.0 and its associated Processor Expert, but it doesn't seem to work in KDS3.

PEx_for_Kinetis_User_Manual.pdf has section 3.3.8 on pin sharing.  There is no Expert mode any more, so the documentation is not up to date.  I'm unable to see the pop-up Pin Sharing menu option under a peripheral pin.

Is this still possible with PE 3.0.1?  I try setting ConnectPin Method to "generate code" and it doesn't help.

Regards,

Michael Goudey

0 Kudos
4 Replies

thebhef
Contributor II

I've run into this issue as well. I've got a PPG and GPIO components sharing a pin on a K64. Ignoring constraints cleared the error from the PPG, but not from the GPIO_LDD.

Can we get an update on the status of the fix? What would you recommend I do to get past this now?

0 Kudos

marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Michael,

I have reproduced the issue. The MK22FN512 should support different concept. There is PinSettings component supported and these conflict should be resolved by settings "Ignore Constraints and non-Critical Error" that is available in the Component Inspector of the component, see below:

Ignore Constraints and non-Critical Error.png

But it seems that this settings does not work in all cases. I have created issue (PEXMCU-4060) to the responsible development team.

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

0 Kudos

hans-friedrichg
Contributor I

Hi,

Is there a fix or workaround available?  For me the "Ignore Constrains and non-critical Errors" checkbox is grayed out. Same for the "Share Pin Enable" menue entry.

I am useing KDS 3.2.0 with PE for a MK22FN256 and I am not able to use pin sharing at all...

0 Kudos

michaelgoudey
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thanks Marek.  Can you post updates from the issue to this thread?

Regards, Michael Goudey

0 Kudos