Product Release Announcement
Automotive Microcontrollers and Processors
S32 Design Studio 3.3
S32K1xx dev package and S32 SDK for S32K1xx RTM 4.0.0
What is new?
S32K1xx Development Package:
- New Project Wizard support for S32K1xx family, including S32K14xW
- P&E debugger support for S32K1 family
- NXP GCC for ARM NXP GCC for Arm version 6.3 build 2017 (same as was used in S32DS for ARM 2.2)
S32 SDK for S32K1xx RTM 4.0.0:
- S32 SDK RTM 4.0.0 package adding support for S32K1xx and S32K1xxW families, cumulative release containing also the changes present in S32 SDK for S32K1xx RTM 3.0.0, 3.0.1, 3.0.2 and 3.0.3
- Supports S32 Design Studio for S32 Platform v3.3 with S32 Configuration tools - Pin Wizard, Clock Configuration,...
- Supports creating project with NXP GCC for Arm Release version 6.3.1, GreenHills Multi and IAR Compiler
- Examples for supported devices with P&E Debugger and Segger J-link support
- Migration support for projects created in S32DS for ARM v2.2 (with Processor Expert)
For more details, please review the S32SDK_for_S32K1xx_RTM_4.0.0_ReleaseNotes.pdf attached to this notice. See below.
The update is available for online (via Eclipse Updater) or offline installation
- online installation:
- go to menu "Help" -> "S32DS Extensions and Updates" dialog
- select from available items and click "Install/Update" button
- offline installation:
- go to S32 Design Studio v3.3 product download page: S32 Design Studio for S32 Platform -> Downloads, click 'Download' button next to S32DS for S32 Platform v3.3, then select 'S32DS.S32K220.127.116.11_D2006.zip' to download the update archive zip file
- Start S32 Design Studio and go to "Help" -> "S32DS Extensions and Updates"
- Add a new "Add.." S32DS Software Site and browse to select the downloaded update archive .zip file you downloaded in the previous step
- Select from available items and click "Install/Update" button.
This will start the update installation process.