Fixing git.freescale.com dependencies on older Android BSPs

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The decommission of the git.freescale.com has caused some problems to BSPs dependent on packages stored in this repository. All contents on git.freescale.com have been moved to one of three locations:

NXP · GitHub  (github.com/NXP)

NXP Micro · GitHub  (github.com/NXPMicro)

https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/

In the case of some older Android BSP this causes an error when fetching the imx-firmware packages originally stored in this repository. A workaround to this is to switch the original location to the new location. To do this we would need to manually create a build directory and initialize repo to locally load the manifest files and then make this change.

Android BSP won’t require this workaround.

Please note that this workaround only addresses this specific error that may show up when running the script included on the BSP release.

We will be using the Oreo o8.0.0_1.0.0_ga BSP release as an example. Sources for this BSP can be found on the following link:

https://www.nxp.com/design/development-boards/i-mx-evaluation-and-development-boards/android-os-for-...

Documentation for this BSP can be found on the following link:

https://www.nxp.com/design/development-boards/i-mx-evaluation-and-development-boards/android-os-for-...

1) Initialize the repo. If you have tried running the imx_android_setup.sh script the android build directory should already have been created. If this is the case, please skip to the next step.

If not, please create it either by running imx_android_setup.sh or manually with the following commands (using the android setup script is preferred):

$ mkdir android_build

Once inside the build directory, initialize the repo and then sync it:

$ repo init -u https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/imx-manifest.git -b imx-android-oreo -m imx-o8.0.0_1.0.0_ga.xml

$ repo sync

2) Find and edit the Android Manifest.

Once inside the build directory after synching, enter the repo manifests directory by executing the following command while inside the android build directory

$ cd .repo/manifests

And look for the corresponding Android manifest. In this case imx-o8.0.0_1.0.0_ga.xml

Open this file in any text editor (use sudo if running in a directory which requires it) In this case we’ll exemplify with nano

$nano imx-o8.0.0_1.0.0_ga.xml

01.jpg

And change the git://git.freescale.com/proprietary/  to git://github.com/NXP/

02.jpg

Also the path for imx-firmware so the complete line goes from:

<project path="vendor/nxp/imx-firmware" name="imx-firmware" remote="imx-proprietary" revision="87ba304b9efbb2e8dbdd54af4c087584fb259535" />‍‍

To the following:

<project path="imx-firmware" name="imx-firmware" remote="imx-proprietary" revision="87ba304b9efbb2e8dbdd54af4c087584fb259535" />‍‍

The manifest should look like the following. Save the file with these changes.

03.jpg 

Now you can run the imx_android_setup.sh build script successfully. Since the repo was already synced it won’t fetch the manifests again and the change we made will persist, which will allow to find the imx-firmware package on its new location.

Labels (1)
Comments

jamesbone‌, hello! Same with this document (I switched to English just in case). Should we run trough our documents trough the rest of the team in case they have some feedback before publishing?

Regards,

Hello nxf54947nxf46838Bio_TICFSLisraelhernandezJoseLuisPacrez, would you also pleas help me giving a quick look to this document and provide your feedback, if there's any? And you approval after that.

jamesbone‌, I'm also adding the team to the approval of this document.

Regards,

Thank you, nxf54947, for the feedback! I fixed the typos and took your suggestions! (It just took me a while to made the changes) I appreciate it!

Regards,

No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎09-10-2020 02:27 AM
Updated by: