S32 Design Studio (S32DS) for ARM supports IAR Eclipse plug-in that enables users to build and debug a S32DS project with IAR toolchain for ARM.
This document describes how to install this plugin and how to enable IAR in the new project wizard.
Current version of S32DS for ARM 2018.R1 supports IAR compilers v7.x and v8.x.
After the IAR eclipse plugin installation is finished you should be able to create, build and debug a new S32DS project (including SDKs) using IAR compiler/debugger interface directly under S32DS Eclipse environment.
First of all make sure you have IAR Embedded Workbench installed with a valid license from IAR. Now let's proceed to eclipse plug-in installation.
1. Install IAR Plugin manager
- Tick " I Accept the terms of the license agreement" and click "OK" to accept unsigned content software
- Finally you proceed to the installation. When the plugin is installed you will be asked to restart S32DS
- Anytime you create a new workspace you will be asked to enter path to IAR Embedded Workbench IDE
2. Configure IAR plugins in IAR Embedded Workbench plugin manager
- Run IAR plugin manager (Menu "Help" -> "IAR Embedded Workbench plugin manager...")
- Select the ARM version (8.x) and click "Install" button.
- Select all the IAR components displayed and proceed to installation by clicking "Next" button.
3. New IAR project in the project wizard
- You can now create a new project in S32DS and select IAR toolchain for ARM instead of default GCC compiler.
- There should appear a new item it the Debugger selection - "IAR plugin Debugger". Please choose this option if you intend to debug using IAR supported probes (e.g. I-jet)
- IAR specific panels and settings are now displayed in the project properties for a new S32DS project with the IAR options enabled (see above).
- There is a new category "IAR C-SPY Application" in the debug configurations panel that contains all the debug configurations for projects with IAR debug plugin option selected.
- The Debugger perspective now offers several IAR specific Views and features.
Enjoy building and debugging with IAR Eclipse plug-in in S32DS!