The Automotive Microcontrollers and Processors’ Embedded Tools Team at NXP Semiconductors, is pleased to announce the release of the S32 Design Studio for Power Architecture version 2017.R1.
It is the successor of S32 Design Studio for Power v1.2. - the versioning scheme has changed.
Release content (What is new?)
- Eclipse Neon 4.6 Framework
- GNU Build Tools for e200 processors (support VLE and BookE ISA, based on gcc 4.9.4 [7.October 2017], binutils 2.28 and gdb 7.8.2) - see the complete GCC release notes
- Libraries included: newlib, newlib-nano and Freescale EWL2
- P&E Multilink/Cyclone/OpenSDA (with P&E GDB Server) - updated (v22.214.171.124709281658)
- New Project wizard to create application and library projects for supported devices
- Peripherals Register and Special Purpose Registers View
- Fully integrated MPC5748G/MPC5746C SDK EAR v.0.8.1. For the details on the feature set of SDK please refer to SDK Release notes attached and Reference Manuals (Please note that SDK has Early Access Release status, which means that there could be some limitations and/or issues. Also note, the SDK is available for Windows host only).
- SDK management included:
o FreeMASTER Serial Communication driver (v2.0 August 31th 2016)
o Automotive Math and Motor Control Libraries(v1.1.9)
- Windriver Diab compiler support by new project wizard
- Lauterbach, iSystem, and PLS debuggers support by new project wizard (The plugins to support Diab, iSystem, Lauterbach are not included and have to be installed from the corresponding update site or installation. The current version of the GreenHills plugin is not compatible with Eclipse Neon version, so it should not be used with this release)
- Kernel Aware debugging for FreeRTOS, eCOS, OSEK
- Devices supported:
- MPC5775K, MPC5774K
- MPC5746R, MPC5745R, MPC5743R
- MPC5748G, MPC5747G, MPC5746G
- MPC5744B, MPC5745B, MPC5746B, MPC5744C, MPC5745C, MPC5746C
- MPC5744P, MPC5743P, MPC5742P, MPC5741P
- MPC5601P, MPC5602P, MPC5603P, MPC5604P
- MPC5644B, MPC5644C, MPC5645B, MPC5645C, MPC5646B, MPC5646C
- MPC5601D, MPC5602B, MPC5602C, MPC5602D, MPC5603B, MPC5603C, MPC5604B, MPC5604C, MPC5605B, MPC5606B, MPC5607B
- MPC5644A, MPC5642A
- MPC5632M, MPC5633M, MPC5634M
- MPC5673K, MPC5674K, MPC5675K
- Collateral Getting Started page
- C preprocessor tool added for C++ projects configuration
- The makefile generation is updated to fix and issue with building a project on the Korean version of Windows - Code page switch command cannot be executed.
- The Rename Project functionality is improved to cover referenced projects and launch configurations
Complete S32 Design Studio for Power Architecture 2017.R1 release notes are available here
To download the installer please visit the S32DS for Power Architecture product page: downloads section.
The installer requires the the NEW Activation ID to be entered during the installation. You should receive an email that includes your Activation ID after starting the installer downloading process:
S32 Design Studio issues are tracked through the S32DS Public NXP Community space: