The first in the series, the i.MX53 Quick Start board is a low cost development platform.
Integrated with an ARM® CortexTM-A8 1 GHz processor, the Quick Start board includes a display controller, hardware-accelerated graphics, 1080p video decode and 720p encode as well as numerous connectivity options ideally suited for applications such as human machine interface in embedded consumer, industrial and medical markets.
Go to http://www.freescale.com/iMXQuickStart and visit the official Quick Start Board page
• i.MX53 1 GHz ARM Cortex-A8 Processor • Power management IC • 1 GB DDR3 memory
• LVDS connector • VGA connector • Parallel LCD add-on card (via expansion connector) • HDMI add-on card (via expansion connector)
• SPDIF output via HDMI add-on card • Freescale SGTL5000 audio codec • Microphone jack • Headphone jack
• Enables parallel LCD or HDMI output • Camera CSI port signals • I2C, SSI, SPI signals
• Full-size SD/MMC card slot • microSD card slot • 7-pin SATA data connector • 10/100 Base-T Ethernet port • Two High-Speed USB host ports • Micro USB device port
• JTAG connector • DB-9 UART port
• 3” x 3” 8-layer PCB • 3-axis Freescale accelerometer (MMA8450QT) • 2A, 5V power supply
Tutorials, Training Materials and Documentation