Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROM APIs

Jump to solution
DanielePagani
Contributor II

Dear sirs,

reading the document i.MX RT1060 Processor Reference Manual, Chapter 8.13 ROM APIs describes a set of ROM APIs to simply the In-Application Programming and WDOG operation.

We're wondering if the same ROM APIs are available for other i.MX RT processors, because i.MX RT1020 Processor Reference Manual has not ROM APIs Chapter, as well as i.MX RT1050 Processor Reference Manual.

Thank you in advance for clarification.

BR

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniele Pagani

No, unfortunately, the ROM code is different between RT1050 and RT1060, so it has the different API tree, RT1060 open the API entry and API tree for customer use the ROM  API, but RT1050 don't do this.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
madisonchou
Contributor III

Hi,

I use the ROM API on RT1060 EVK.   It is fantastic.   ROM API saved days, if not weeks, of development time.  I tried it on RT1020 EVK and it crashes immediately (calling the basic get_config function).   Is there a reason why RT1020 or RT1050 won't open ROM API for our use?   Will you have later revision of the chip that will open it up?

Jei

0 Kudos
jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniele Pagani

No, unfortunately, the ROM code is different between RT1050 and RT1060, so it has the different API tree, RT1060 open the API entry and API tree for customer use the ROM  API, but RT1050 don't do this.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

0 Kudos