cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FreeRTOS LPSPI Example Project

Jump to solution
nbgatgi
Contributor IV

I recently downloaded the SDK v2.6 for the iMX RT1064 eval board (evkmimxrt1064).  The documentation file for FreeRTOS (Getting Started with MCUXpresso SDK and FreeRTOS OS.pdf) mentions in Table 1. List of Examples that there is an example project for "freertos_lpspi":

pastedImage_1.png

However, when I try to "Import SDK example(s)..." from MCUXpresso, this example is not listed under "rtos_examples" or "driver_examples>lpspi".

pastedImage_3.png

Any idea if the "freertos_lpspi" example actually exists, and if so where can I find it?

Labels (1)
1 Solution
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Nick,

I got a response from the SDK team. Unfortunately, this example was removed from the RT1060 and RT1064 SDK. The freertos_lpspi example requires two groups of lpspi to communicate. However, the Arduino interface on the RT1060 and RT1064 board could not find two sets of lpspi, so the freertos_lpspi example was removed.

This project still exists for the RT1050 SDK. The best option would be to use this example as a based to create your own project on the RT1064.

Best regards,

Victor

View solution in original post

10 Replies
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Nick Guzzardo,

Could you please share a link of where did you find the document "Getting Started with MCUXpresso SDK and FreeRTOS OS.pdf"?

I checked on the previous versions of the SDK and the example freertos_lpspi was never included. Unfortunately, this example doesn't exist for the RT1064, sorry for the inconvenience that this might cause. 

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
nbgatgi
Contributor IV

The file was part of the SDK documentation package so I don't have a link to just that file, but I have attached it to this message.

0 Kudos
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Nick,

Thanks for the clarification. You are right, there's a mistake either with the documentation or with the SDK builder. I'm currently checking with the SDK team which one is wrong, I will let you know as soon as I have a response.

I saw that you opened another community thread with the same question (link). I will continue with the support through this one, is this OK for you?

Best regards,

Victor

0 Kudos
nbgatgi
Contributor IV

For reference, this is the same as for SDK 2.4.1 (2.5 never existed for the RT1064).

I duplicated the question since there wasn't an answer for a few days on this one, but yes please continue to respond here.

0 Kudos
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Nick,

I got a response from the SDK team. Unfortunately, this example was removed from the RT1060 and RT1064 SDK. The freertos_lpspi example requires two groups of lpspi to communicate. However, the Arduino interface on the RT1060 and RT1064 board could not find two sets of lpspi, so the freertos_lpspi example was removed.

This project still exists for the RT1050 SDK. The best option would be to use this example as a based to create your own project on the RT1064.

Best regards,

Victor

nbgatgi
Contributor IV

Thank you for sharing this feedback.  I'm not sure I understand the reasoning though.  The baremetal LPSPI examples exist and require two eval boards which I have tested successfully.  Why didn't they do the same thing for the FreeRTOS example code?

0 Kudos
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Nick,

You are right, the bare-metal LPSPI examples require two evaluation boards. However, the FreeRTOS_LPSPI example was a different approach. You only needed one evaluation board and two LPSPI interfaces on that board instead of two different evaluation boards. The thing here is that through the Arduino Interface of the RT1060/RT1064 evaluation board you only have access to one LPSPI interface, due to this the SDK team removed the example.

Best regards,

Victor.

0 Kudos
nbgatgi
Contributor IV

That is only partially true.  I have an RT1020 board that I had not used, but downloaded the SDK based on your earlier comments about LPSPI FreeRTOS example having been removed only for the RT106x boards.

Looking through the example code and the readme.txt in the doc folder there is an explanation on how to use the code as a single board with master and slave, master only or slave only:

pastedImage_1.png

This should have been included for the RT106x boards and would have been very helpful.  Alternatively, when purposefully removing example projects, state that with some sort of rationale.

I'd like to formally request that this be added back to the SDK for the RT106x boards for the next 2.6.2 SDK release.

0 Kudos
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Nick,

Unfortunately, this decision is out of my hands, but I already passed your feedback of adding back to the SDK the FreeRTOS_LPSPI example to the corresponding team.

Best regards,

Victor

nbgatgi
Contributor IV

Thanks for letting them know!

Nick