cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX8M YOCTO how to sign image to secure boot

clement22
Contributor II

Hello,

I have a question about implementing the secure boot on the imx8m mini evaluation kit (on eMMC).

I'm using the YOCTO BSP imx-4.14.98-2.0.0_ga and I'm able to build an image for the eMMC.
In my deploy folder I can see the bootloader file "imx-boot-imx8mmevk-emmc.bin".

I looked at the documentation to implement secure boot on the imx8:

mx8m_mx8mm_secure_boot.txt\guides\habv4\imx\doc - uboot-imx - i.MX U-Boot 

To sign my bootloader, I have to edit a CSF file and add the addresses/sizes of the different blocks of my bootloader.
The documentation uses the imx-mkimage build log to get these addresses/sizes. In my case I don't have this build log.

Do you know where to find this bootloader build log ?

Also, do I have to manually sign the bootloader image manually every time or can YOCTO do it for me ?

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Clement

one can look on below link, also some files were sent via mail.

iMX8M HAB 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

malays
Contributor I

Hello Igor,

I am working with IMX8M MINI development board.

I want to develop secure boot feature for this board. I went through the links you shared.

Can you send some other reference files for the same which helps to implement the secure boot feature?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Malay

one can look at

habv4\imx\doc - uboot-imx - i.MX U-Boot 

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

clement22
Contributor II

Hi,

Thank you for the document. Its useful, there are more details about the signing and boot procedure.

From what I understand the signing has to be made manually.

0 Kudos