Getting Started with S32K146EVB

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Started with S32K146EVB

m_mishrikey
Contributor III

Hello, I am having some difficulty with the getting started instructions for the S32K146EVB.

There are different sets of instructions. 

The first is the mini-guide here:

https://www.nxp.com/document/guide/Get-Started-with-the-S32K146EVB:NGS-S32K146EVB

Step 1.1: When I plug in to the eval  board, I get either green+blinking red LED, or just blinking red LED, depending on the pot position. 

Step 1.2: If I click the Software and Tools tab link, there is no file called S32K146EVB_OOBE_FreeMASTER_Firmware.srec.  There is a link for S32K146 EVB JumpStart - Firmware (Rev 1), but this zip does not contain said .srec file.

Next, following the quick-start guide:

Eval board has all jumpers in 2-3 positions.  Board is powered by micro-USB direct to laptop.  D2 and D3 are green, D11 is green with flashing red.

I run the installed FreeMASTER tool.  When I go to Project | Options | Comm, under port I am unable to select opensda.  The options visible are either COM3 or COM_ALL.  If I select either, and click OK, the dialog closes and nothing happens.

If I try the Connection Wizard tool, my only option again is COM3, and if I try to connect (using 115200 b/s), I get an error that "No board detected on any specified UART communication ports". 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

dianabatrlova
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Matthew,

I have checked it and the project S32K146 EVB JumpStart - Firmware (Rev 1) does not contain the .srec file. So, the solution which worked for me is to load the project and generate the file in the S32 Design Studio. Then can be placed it into S32K146EVB disk. After that, I open the FreeMaster and I can choose the right port.

Could you please look at the Tools -> Connection Wizard-> >> -> Probing UART Ports, can you see the PORT?

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-340965 

I believe it helps.

Best Regards,

Diana

0 Kudos

m_mishrikey
Contributor III

There is an srec file located in S32K146_EVB_JumpStart_Firmware\Debug_FLASH and that one seems to work.

The program pre-loaded on the board does not work. Also, the srec file that Jim sent does not seem to work.

Thanks for your help.

Matt

0 Kudos

dianabatrlova
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Matthew,

I'm glad it works.

If you load into MCU another application the preloaded program is reprogrammed.

I'm sorry but I do not know Jim and what he sent to you.

Best Regards,

Diana

0 Kudos